Chapter 15

“Mr O’Donoghue is out of surgery.” Ross announced, I jumped up. “You can see him, but he’s still under anaesthetic and the drugs he’s on mean he is incredibly tired and a little out of it right now. Apart from that, he was I surgery due to internal bleeding, we have all that sorted and just want to keep him under observation for a few days. Surprisingly, he hasn’t really suffered any head damage, a concussion, but nothing serious. A broken leg, dislocated shoulder, and I’m sure more aches and pains.” He informed us; a lot to deal with.

“Can we see him?” I asked, still crying.

“Of course, he’s been asking about you.” He smiled sweetly and led me to Danny’s room. I ran in and grabbed his hand, his eyes opened slowly.

“Amy!” He said happily, a smile on his face.

“Oh Dan you’re alright.” I felt happy tears on my face.

“Don’t cry.” He brushed the tears from my face with his arm that wasn’t all bound up, it looked like it took a lot of effort.

“I’m happy is all. You’re okay.” I leant down and kissed his forehead.

“That’s all I get?” I laughed and gave him a proper kiss.

“Don’t you ever do that to me again, you hear me O’Donoghue!” He nodded seriously. Honestly, I’m not sure my poor heart could take it.

“I don’t plan to. I am never leaving you, but it has made me think. Let’s get married.” He stated.

“What?”

“Why wait? I love you, you love me. Let’s do it. A month or two to prepare and then just do it. None of this wait a year crap.”

“We can talk about this after you’ve rested okay. The doctors said you need sleep.” He looked tired and I knew he was fighting sleep.

“You’ll think about it though?” He yawned.

“Of course I will Dan.” I kissed his knuckles and he was drifting to sleep not long later. But he has me thinking, maybe we should get married. What’s the point in waiting around?

“How are ya feeling” Mark asked Dan, we’d both woken up about 15 minutes ago.

“Grand.” Dan rolled his eyes. “I feel like I’ve been in a fucking car crash. Oh wait, I have!”

“Yeah, yeah, well your sarcasm didn’t get knocked out of ya did it.” They were both playing it down now, it’s just what those idiots do.

“You should pay top dollar next time mate.” Dan shrugged, I glared at him. “What?”