𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 || 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐃𝐚𝐲 ~ 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 1

Adam, Bree and Chase have neck braces on, doing reflex tests. I sit next to the counter with a large machine hooked up to a needle taking blood out of my arm. I grimace at the pain in my arm.

"Okay, now we'll check your bionic reflexes. First the left arm." Davenport says as he presses a button.

The button triggers the three of them to hit with their left arm. Adam and Chase groan both being hit in the face. Bree, Leo and I giggle at them. "Okay, now the right arm." Davenport presses another button triggering them to hit with their right arms.

Adam and Bree get hit in the face this time making Adam groan and again. Chase, Leo and I giggle at them. "Ohh! Oh, I hate this game!" Adam complains loudly. He is in the middle meaning he gets hit the most.

"Okay, Adam. Well, you can sit this one out. I'll just do Bree and Chase." Davenport offers. Bree and Chase both then hit Adam in the face and I laugh again.

I turn to Davenport still smiling about poor Adam getting hit. "I still don't understand why I don't have to do what they're doing." I say to him.

"Because for you we take blood tests." He replies checking the needle in my arm is in properly and the machine is working properly.

I nod already knowing that. "Yeah, but why? I have the same chip as them. Either all four of us should do the blood tests and tests I do or all four of us should do the reflex tests." I huff gesturing with my arm.

"Ummm because you're special." Davenport quickly smiles going back to his computer. I squint at him, not totally convinced but shrug it off anyways.

"Come on, Big D, it's summer vacation! Let's hit the beach. Slap on some shorts and show everyone your pasty little walking sticks!" Leo grins making me giggle.

"Not now, Leo. We're doing some routine bionic chip maintenance. Besides, this is fun, right, guys?" Davenport asks us. I roll my eyes and scrunch up my nose again as I wince in pain.

"Good times."

"A blast."

"Okay, are we done here? I wanna go be normal for a while!" Bree groans, ripping her neck brace off.

"Me too. I don't want this DNA test machine thingy attached to me anymore. It's annoying and hurts." I complain as well, ripping out the needle from my arm.

Bree and I both throw the gadgets attached to us at the computer and DNA machine. The machines spark and I jump back.

As I jump back I bump into Tasha holding a tray of drinks. "Can't we go just five minutes without something sparking, exploding, or oozing around here? Ever since summer vacation started, it has been like one long science experiment." Tasha growls.

I walk over to Chase who puts a bandaid on my arm where the needle was. He smiles pulling me into his side and I wrap my arm around his waist. "I'm sorry, honey. I... you know... maybe... maybe Leo's right. Maybe we need to take a break and go to the beach." Davenport apologises to his wife.

"Oh god yes!" I cheer along with the others. There will be lots of cute boys at the beach, not that I'll be watching them. My eyes will be on someone else.

"We'll take a whole weekend, as a normal family, you know? No gadgets, no phones. We'll do it totally tech-free." Davenport smiles.

Tasha nods her head in agreement. "Oh, that is exactly what I need. You would really do that for me?" She asks, smiling.

"Of course. You are way more important to me than the amazing innovations born of my genius." Davenport grins cockily. Tasha walks off happily and the rest of us start to clean up the mess.