𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 || 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

We meet up in the lab and start preparing for the mission. Chase stands on the opposite side of the counter both of us avoiding eye contact.

"Okay, your mission supplies are packed, the schematics have been uploaded into Chase's chip, and your transport is on the way. Did I forget anything?" Davenport wanders out loud.

"No, we'll just guess what the mission is and see how it all plays out." Bree says sarcastically. I laugh at Bree's comment earning us both a glare from Davenport.

"All right. A particle collider is a three-mile long underground facility where scientists-"

"Race subatomic particles at each other, at light speed for energy experiments." Chase interrupts eagerly letting out a small giggle. I smile watching him as he isn't looking at me. He is really cute when he talks nerdy. Well, more like he's just cute in general. "So cool!" He exclaims glancing at me and I quickly look away.

"I know!" Davenport agrees excitedly grinning at all of us. "Deedle-deedle-dee!" The two do a small hand shake.

Adam, Bree and I stare at them, me being the only one with a small smile on my face. "There is a particle collider in Berkeley that is accelerating out of control, and your mission is to shut it down." Davenport informs us.

"Oh ho! Awesome! I hope one of us knows how to do that." Adam comments getting looks from all of us.

"Okay. We have to act quickly. The scientists that operate the facility," he walks over to Leo pulling his chair away from his desk. "'scuuuuse me - have already evacuated the control center, and if we don't shut it down in time, it will create a massive black hole that will implode the entire planet." He continues to tell us the required information.

"Today?! No, that's not gonna work. Today is Shelly Evans' birthday, and her mom makes the best cupcakes! I'm just sayin'. That woman doesn't skimp on the sprinkles." Leo whines coming over to all of us at the cyber desk.

"Don't worry, Leo, you will get your cupcakes. Adam, Bree, River and Chase have all the training they need to shut the collider down." Davenport assures us.

"I don't know, Big D. I think these guys are gonna need some... back-up!" Leo poses in a position like Usain Bolt making me chuckle.

"Yeah, and that's why you're gonna be back-up! here in the lab with me." Davenport points to himself mocking Leo. I chuckle at him.

"Oh, he said "backup" and you said "backup." Saying things twice makes it funny! Oh! Saying things twice makes it fun-" Adam is quickly cut off by Davenport yelling.

"Stop it!"

A ball of electricity appears in the lab and we all start screaming. Chase puts an arm in front of me protectively. I stumble into him starting to feel faint from the overload over electricity in the room.

Someone screams from the chair that appears from out of the ball. Adam jumps into Chase's arms bumping me away a little. I bob down beside Bree both of us hiding behind the counter.

"Nobody panic! Probably just the cable guy." Davenport assures everyone calmly.

"Come on, Big D, I just came from seven years in the future. Your time machine actually worked! It's me! Leo!" The man tells us ecstatic pointing to Leo. I blink a few times as my brain short circuits. There's two Leo's?

"Whoa! The cable guy's got the same name as you!" Adam exclaims.

"Wait. If you're really me, then you'd know the handshake I came up with in case I ever became a spy." Leo looks at the man suspiciously. Not at all helping to make things less confusing.