𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 || 𝐉𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐲

A week after the home alone incident everyone decides they want chores except myself. I have been applying for jobs so that I can get a normal teenage experience with new friends and such.

"River!" A brown haired boy takes me by surprise, lifting me up. I squeal, hugging him.

"Hey, Nick." I greet, laughing.

Nick puts me down smiling. "Wow, you look so different when you aren't in your uniform." He says, looking me up and down.

"I could say the same about you." I smirk.

Nick has bright blue eyes and short brown hair. He is wearing jeans, sneakers and a plain grey shirt with small white text on the top right corner of it.

He chuckles looking down at his outfit. "I guess you could say that."

The two of us start walking to the fast food restaurant we both work at. "You know it's funny. We've worked together for what 2, maybe 3 months and we never hang out outside of work." I comment, stuffing my hands into the pockets of my leather jacket.

"Yeah." He chuckles, nodding. "Hey, if you're free after work maybe we could hang out." He suggests as we walk to the back. We clock in and change our shirts to our red uniform ones.

"Yeah, I would love that. How about you come back to my place?" I ask. He nods his head smiling as we both get to work.

Nick works in the kitchen and I work in customer service. He is my best friend at work and at school. That isn't Adam, Bree, Chase or Leo.

After work I meet Nick outside the restaurant. He puts an arm around my neck resting on my shoulders. I smile, putting my arm around his waist. "So how was work?" He asks jokingly.

I laugh as we walk through the mall. "It was good. But this guy I work with got an order wrong so a customer yelled at me." I tell him with a smile.

"Yeah sorry about that." Nick chuckles.

"All good. Nothing I ain't used to." I smile up at him.

"That's even worse." He frowns. "My car is parked on the roof." He tells me, leading me to the elevator.

"You have a Car!" I exclaim pushing away from him.

"Well, not exactly it's my mums, but she does let me drive it since I have my license." He explains to me.

Nick leads me to 'his' car and I get in the passenger seat. "What music do you want to listen to?" He asks, starting the engine.

"Uh, twenty one pilots?"

"Sure." He smiles starting to play a twenty one pilots album.
______

The two of us drive to the house. Nick smiles watching me sing/rap along with the songs. I frown as we pull up in front of the Davenport-Dooley house and see crowds of people.

"What the hell?" I mutter.

"You having a party or something?" Nick asks, turning off the engine.

"Not that I'm aware of." I say getting out. We walk into the house seeing crowds of people looking around tables full of junk.

I spot Chase on the other side of the living room. I take Nick's hand so I don't lose him as we walk through the crowd. "Chase, what's going on?" I ask him.

"Oh we're having a yard sale so we can earn money like we did for our chores." He explains with a cheesy grin.

"Right, ok." I nod my head chuckling at how cute Chase is being.

"Who's this?" Chase asks, squaring up Nick. He forces a smile noticing us still holding hands.

"Oh Chase, this is Nick. Nick, this is Chase." I introduce the two of them. "Nick and I work together." I explain.