𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 || 𝐀𝐢𝐫 𝐋𝐞𝐨

A week later we sadly have to go back to school. The first day is quite boring. But it soon gets interesting when Leo comes home whining about Trent to me and Chase.

"And no matter what I do, Trent always makes me look like a fool in front of Janelle." Leo continues to complain to Chase and me. The three of us are in the Lab; I'm doing homework and Chase is helping me.

"Well, he does get a little help from you in that area." Chase remarks from beside me, making me giggle.

I look up seeing Leo glaring at me so I look back down at my work quietly. Leo laughs sarcastically. "How awesome would it be if I could beat him in that basketball tournament? That would impress her." Leo thinks out loud.

"Wait a second." Chases face changes into his idea face. I smile standing next to him. It's a little bit weird but is extremely cute neither the less

"Uh-oh, you just turned on that Chase I'm-smarter-than-you-and-I-have-a-big-idea light-bulb face!" Leo grins. "It's not your best look, by the way." He comments and Chase frowns at him.

I roll my eyes and put a hand Chases shoulder forcing him to look at me. "What's the idea?" I ask him.

"Davenport has been working on an anti-gravity high-top sneaker for astronaut training." He explains getting up. "Maybe the sneaker's will up your game with a few gravity-defying slam dunks." Chase tells us, pulling out large light blue sneakers.

"Chase, not to play the obvious card, but there is no way Leo's baby feet are gonna fit into those shoe canoes." I comment picking up one of the shoes to examine them.

"Hey!" Leo shouts at me offended. I put my hands up in mock surrender. "But yeah, what he said." He nods agreeing with me and I laugh.

"Just put 'em on." Chase sighs, handing them to Leo.

Leo puts the shoes on and they shrink to the size of his feet. "Whoa! Oh, yeah, baby!" Leo grins walking in them.

Chase puts an arm on my shoulder leaning on me. Both of us chuckle as we watch Leo start jumping. "Say hello to Air Leo!" He exclaims, excitedly as he flies in the air.

I laugh with Chase. "Now for the real test." Chase decides.

"What are you thinking?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

He looks over at the basketball hoop we have set up in the lab. We get Leo a ball and him and Chase start playing one on one. Leo grabs the ball and pushes off the wall, dunking it. I smile brightly when he does and falls on the floor after hanging from the hoop for a couple of seconds.

"Good job, Leo." I cheer for him.

"Yes! Did you see that? I don't need these shoes. That was all me. Watch." He takes off his shoes and try's to dunk the ball again but just falls grunting.

Chase and I smirk, laughing as Leo lays on the floor in front of us. "Okay, it was the shoes." Leo admits, looking up at us as we nod our heads.
______

I sit on a bench in the school hall with my head phones on listening to music. I'm writing in my song scrapbook. It's the second day back at school and I'm already wishing it was the holidays. The teachers have given us a ton of homework. And my music teacher, Mrs Willow is on maternity leave so I don't have someone to help me practice my guitar.

"Attention, everyone!" Trent yells, getting everyone in the hallways attention as he shows off. "Trent is now in session! All bow to the honorable Trent! Is there anyone brave enough to challenge me in the tourney yet? Oh, I've got an itch to crush a dream or two. Who's gonna be my ointment?" He grabs the sign up clipboard Janelle is holding looking through it. I roll my eyes at how obnoxious Trent is.