𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 || 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐬

It's the next morning and I'm sit on the counter with Bree. Watching Chase walk around the lab grabbing random stuff and putting it in a container.

"What're you doing?" Leo asks Chase as he takes a stapler and puts it in the container.

"If Davenport is going to ship us off to some remote facility, then the office supplies are coming with us." Chase explains to us.

"We just got our first taste of normal life. I was this close to getting a curfew which I was totally going to break, with you of course, River." Bree assures me placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Oooh! But maybe when we get to wherever we're going, we'll meet a sassy lab chimp named Bobo who will take us on adventures and teach us how to love." Adam states.

"Or maybe you'll make him angry and he'll maul you and snack on your fingers." I retort smiling sarcastically.

"Hey. I create the monkey fantasies around here." Adam grumbles.

"Well, kids, I hope you've enjoyed your stay at casa Davenport. I know I haven't. Sayonara!" Eddy chortles from his screen.

"Eddy, I know we've never been the best of friends, but we're going to miss you." Bree confesses. At first, I look at her confused but then I realise she is definitely lying.

"Aw, really?" Eddy asks.

"No!"

"We hate you!"

"You're evil!"

"Please get a virus." I shout with the others. Adam, Bree, and Leo look at me confused while Chase looks at me surprised.

"Where is this training facility anyway?" Leo asks Eddy.

"Facility X? Oh, it's all the rage." Eddy puts a picture of a beautiful tropical island up on one of the monitors.

"That's pretty nice." I comment.

"Oops! Sorry! That's my screen saver. You're going here." Eddy puts up a photo of snow-covered tundra with a large factory.

"Forget about office supplies. We should be gathering wood." Chase comments, I nod in agreement.

"Man. I wish I hadn't thrown that party. I can't help but think this is all my fault." Leo confesses.

"Oh, that's because it is all your fault."

"Adam, he was only trying to help us." Bree mentions.

"Well, yeah, but he did the opposite, which is not help us. The not makes it the opposite. I'm just so bummed. It's the only place we've ever known."

"Yeah. Just think about all the memories we've shared here." Chase says. I think back through our memories in the lab, our Christmas's, training, our pranks. We have had a lot of fun here.

Flash back

Adam, Bree, Chase, and I are sitting on the floor of the lab listening to Mr. Davenport tell us about batteries when we were 6 or 7 years old. My hair is still long and I'm still becoming friends with Adam, Bree, and Chase but I feel like family.

"If the atom has too many or too few electrons, the atom is called an ion, and it has a positive or a negative charge. And that's how batteries are made! The end." Mr. Davenport finishes. Adam stands picking up the chair Mr Davenport is sitting on and I zap the metal, lightly shocking Mr. Davenport.

"Aaaaah! River!" I smile giggling seeing his hair stand up.

"Whoa. Okay, Adam. You can put me down now." I giggle watching Adam put him down when Bree takes his book and super speeds around the lab.