𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 || 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝

I giggle as me and Leo dance in the elevator. It's a week later and we've all pretty much recovered from our mission to collider. "Dooley! Lee! What are you doing in my elevator?" Perry snaps at us with her gravel-like voice. Our happy mood disappears faster than you can say dance.

"We're enjoying the music. Today is "love songs from the nineties." Wanna dance?" Leo offers Perry a cheesy grin on his face.

"Use the stairs! This is exactly how healthy kids become unhealthy adults." Perry barks back.

I scoff rolling my eyes. "Really? Are we having this conversation?" I say cocking a brow and looking her up and down.

"For your information, I'm a speed walker." Perry starts as Leo and I get out of the elevator. "Perhaps you've seen me at the Mission Creek Mall giving the shoppers a little eye candy." I gag with Leo as she "speed" walks off. "Listen up, space-fillers! This is Emergency Preparedness Week. An emergency drill can happen at any time. So when the alarm sounds, you must evacuate the building in an orderly fashion-- Like cattle, if cattle had acne... and braces... and a future filling up my gas tank." Perry laughs through the speakers.

I notice Adam, Bree and Chase over by the circle seat. I nudge Leo and nod towards them signalling for us to go over to them. These weeks are always the worst. Whenever the emergency drill happens it's always during one of my favourite classes.

"Oh, man! I wish I had Bree's super-speed, Because you do not want to be stuck walking behind cows in an emergency-- trust me on that!" Adam sighs.

"You would trade your super-strength for Bree's super-speed? Man, if I had your strength, I'd just run out of the building juggling those cows." Chase scoffs. It's still really awkward between us since what happened in the Go Kart room.

"Yeah, and if I had your super-intelligence, I'd have walked away from this conversation thirty seconds ago." Bree remarks from beside me. I stifle a laugh with my hand glancing at the floor.

"Sometimes I wish I had never met you losers." I joke. I look up and realise they think I'm serious by the hurt looks on their faces. "I'm kidding." I glance at Chase quickly before looking back at the others. "I love you guys." I smile.

"Aww love you too." Adam smiles, wrapping an arm around my neck and pulling me into his side. I return the smile, putting an arm around his waist in a side hug.

"Hey, you know what would be awesome? If you guys took out your bionic chips and switched your abilities!" Leo suggests with a large grin.

"Why can't we?!" Chase exclaims. I have a feeling in my gut telling me this won't end well but I shrug it off.

"I call your super-smarts!" Bree dibs, pointing at chase.

"I call your super-speed!" Adam copies, pointing at Bree.

"I call your super-strength!" Chase grins also pointing.

"I call good looks and charisma! Oh, too late! Already got 'em." Leo says smoothly, starting to walk away.

I roll my eyes smiling as I shake my head at leo. "I call not swapping my chip because I like the abilities I already have." I sing happily. 
___________

The next morning I sit on the lab counter before school as my brothers and sister prepare to swap their chips.

"If you guys are gonna switch your chips before school, don't you think you should run this by Davenport first?" I ask, walking over to them with a worried look on my face.

"They're our chips." Bree reminds Leo and me, shrugging her shoulders.

"Well, yeah, but what if something glitches out and you end up with Adam's gigantic head on Chase's tiny, doll-like body?" Leo pictures for us. That would not be good.