𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 || 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐫

I sit on the couch reading. Tasha is at the kitchen on the phone with her mum. Bree and Chase are throwing a ball around, and Adam is using Leo as a bench press.

"Yes, Mum. Leo and I love our new home. Oh, you should come and visit." Tasha tells her mum.

I look up from my book. "467, 468-- Put some muscle in it. 469..." Leo counts.

"Shh! I'm picking up radio free Singapore." Davenport hushes us before singing a song in a foreign language. "That's gonna be a hit. You mark my words." Davenport comments looking at me.

"But not today. Why? Because Donald's not feeling well. Look, I gotta go. He just threw up in my purse. Love you, bye!" Tasha lies quickly, hanging up the phone.

"You know, we're gonna have to have your mum over eventually." I tell Tasha putting down my book down and walking over to her with Mr. Davenport.

"No, we don't. Look, my mom doesn't just visit. She has inspections. If she spots anything weird, she will use it as an excuse for her to move in." Tasha informs us.

Bree super speeds over to us to catch the ball Chase threw. "Nothing weird here." She chirps before ran back over to Chase.

"Honey, when your mother visits, I will shower her with love, I will make her feel welcome and I will do anything humanly possible to-" Davenport is cut off by the door bell.

"It's my mother!" Tasha shrieks. I look to the screen next to the door to see a lady at the door.

"I'll be in the lab." Davenport says before running to the elevator. The others have joined us now.

"Quick! Turn invisible!" Tasha yells.

"What?" I ask. We all are looking at her confused.

"Oh, come on, you have every other freaky ability. Just run and hide." I run and hide behind the kitchen counter with the others.

"Oh, good. It's unlocked." Tasha's mother, Rose, walks into the house.

"Mum! You're here." Tasha says giving her a fake grin.

"Would've been here sooner if it hadn't been for your stupid gate." Rose informs Tasha.

"Let's get out of here." I whisper to the others. They nod in agreement. We start to tip toe towards the door trying not to be seen. I feel Chases hand on my back as I walk behind Bree

"Who are they?" Rose points to us.

Tasha signals us to come over to her. "They are the... staff! Big house." Tasha lies. We stand in a line.

"Staff? Oh, Tasha. Still so lazy." Rose insults disappointed.

"And you are still so-- my mother." Tasha says through gritted teeth.

Rose walks up to Adam. "So what do you do?" She asks.

"Well, I collect rocks, I lift heavy things, I chase bugs." Adam answers truthfully.

Before Adam continue Tasha cuts him off. "Adam is our chef." She lies.

"Oh. Right. Chef. Normally, I wear a puffy hat and I yell things in Italian. Bonjour!" Tasha laughs nervously we join in laughing making it look it like Adam made a joke.

"What a wonderful sense of humor." Tasha chuckles.

"And who is she?" Rose asks moving on to Bree.

"Bree is my personal trainer." Tasha lies again placing her hands on her shoulders

"Oh. And what exactly does a personal trainer do?"

"It's personal?" Bree states.

Rose walks over to me. "What about her?"