#22: My liege

My younger brother and I were walking down the streets as we were homeless. Then someone had suddenly asked me what country I'd like to conquer. Taking the chance, I was trying to think it out carefully. Then I chose a section of the island above Poland which appears to be Ireland, UK. Suddenly both my brother and I was transported to that country.

I grabbed my brother's hand and went to what appeared to be a swimming pool. There, I saw an upside down surfing board. No, it looked more of a small rowboat, but without the oars and had a huge surfboard fin attached to it on the surface. Behind the boat stands a man, half naked. To me, he looked like those ancient Indians. Looking closer, his expression was like those of a lost soul. He fell to the rowboat and got cut by the surfboard pin, blood spewing all over the boat. His servants pushed the boat to let it drift away.

Horrified, I stepped back. His servants heard me, and lightened up. They took both of us and headed to the pale white building beside the pool. We were taken into an office, and the man there had told me that I was the replacement for the heir to the throne.

-- Huh.. So that man must be the king..

I was told that I am to be trained to be one to rule this country. If this life can take care of my brother, then I will accept it.

The view changed to a third person one. I looked at myself. I look like a kid.

The scene changed. This time, I think I was already a teenager and was preparing my bags to leave the room. I shared the room with someone else. I reckoned there was an international quiz bee and that it already ended. My roommate was still writing down something while lying against the floor, under the bed. Walking out to the door with my bag, I asked his friends what my roommate was writing.

"He's just writing his essay.", one of them replied to me. I thanked them, including my roommate and waved goodbye.

"Bye American boy".

I went down the stairs, to a room where it looked like my apartment. People were happily chatting with each other and soon started to leave. I was left behind. I don't know why. I was just watching YouTube videos as I let time pass.

When the last person I saw got out, I went to the kitchen. There, I was greeted by a petite girl with a rainbow bowtie tied to her hair. She was wearing an emerald green skirt, with some orange and white hatch designs, with a matching necktie. It was the female's uniform during elementary. She grinned at me maliciously with her hands folded behind her back, stepping toward me closely. Speaking insults I barely remember, she was mocking me. I think the idea was "You're just a homeless person! How did you even become the heir?".

I stumbled back, to the floor. I checked my phone and screamed. I was horrified of what had appeared in my phone.

She leaned closer to me and whispered something to my right ear. I don't remember but I was sure that it was a warning. A warning that she will come for me. As terrified as I was, I ran out of the apartment, to the bottommost floor.

I waited a while to catch my breath. I realized I was in school uniform too. In front of me, I saw students line up for the flag ceremony. I walked up to them and saw my elementary classmates.

-- Thank goodness..

I went and sat with them.

After a while, I go back to the same room as the petite girl as before. I probably forgot something. Entering the room, I saw no one there. I went to the kitchen and saw her standing. I kept my distance in case anything happened. She, again, leaned closer to me and instead of whispering something in my right ear, she whispered it to my left. After that, she stepped back and smiled at me but this time, it was a genuine smile.

-- Weird.. A while ago she was scary as hell..

I leave the room once more.

The scene shifted again. One of my best friends introduced me to her friend. She said that he was the kindest person she ever met. Then that person she mentioned greeted me and joyfully introduced himself. In turn I also introduced myself. Afterwards, I was hugged by him.

-- I swear I'm not gay-

And then, the dream ended.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really am a scaredy-cat (╥﹏╥)

Thank you for reading~