Chapter 8: Honey, You Can't Cry Under Water

“NO! I TOLD YOU SO MANY FUCKING TIMES TO NOT TOUCH HER!”

“WELL IS IT MY FAULT YOUR GIRL IS A WHORE!?”

“SHE IS NOT A WHORE! I SAW EVERYTHING YOU BITCH!”

“WHATEVER YOU WANKER! I HOPE YOU AND HER DIE!”

“FUCK YOU MATE!”

I whipped away the tears that fell from my eyes. Oliver came out from his friend’s house looking pissed. He walked down the porch steps and walked up to me pulling me harshly into a tight hug. I gasped but then hugged him back crying. He walked me like that to the car and he got in.

He sped all the way home and carried me into the apartment. He laid me on the bed and I turned around hiding my tear shed face in the sheets and pillow.

“Zen, what exactly happened?” he quietly asked.

I shook my head and cried.

“Hunny? Please tell me.” He said.

“I thought you saw everything.” I sobbed.

“I did, only the last part. I don’t know what happened before babe.” He said touching my shoulder.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” I cried.

“Please?” he whispered.

“Please Oliver; just let me be by myself. Please.”

I could sense anger from him. He got up grabbing his shoes. I sat up and looked at him whipping my eyes.

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“Out.”

“Why?”

“BECAUSE MY GIRL FRIEND WON’T TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED! SHE DOESN’T CARE TO TELL ME AT ALL!” He yelled at me.

I flinched. Not once has he screamed at me. I was really scared. I didn’t know what to do. I walked over to him and grabbed his face. I kissed him. He broke the kiss carrying me to the bed. He threw me on it and walked out.

I got up and ran after him. More tears fell from my face. He grabbed his jacket and keys. I grabbed his arm and tried to pull him back.

“Please oli tell me where you are going! Oliver please I’m so sorry!” I sobbed.

“NO! STAY HERE!” He yelled.

“OLIVER SCOTT SYKES!” I yelled back.

“FINE YOU WANT TO KNOW? I’M GOING TO THAT PRICKS HOUSE TO SEE WHAT HE DID TO MY GIRL FRIEND! I’M GONNA MURDER HIS ASS IF HE TRIED ANYTHING!” He exclaimed.

I stood there shocked. He kissed me one last time and left. I fell to my knees crying.

I opened my eyes and let a let one air bubble out. The water seemed calm under here. The car hit the floor. I fish swam by and stop suddenly as I tried to touch it. As my hand got closer it swam away fast. I closed my eyes. I scared it away.

“WE ALL CARRY THESE THINGS INSIDE THAT NO ONE ELSE CAN SEE THEY HOLD US DOWN LIKE ANCHORS, THEY DROWN US OUT AT SEA. I LOOKED UP TO THE SKY THERE MAY BE NOTHING THERE TO SEE BUT IF I DON’T BELIEVE IN HIM, WHY WOULD HE BELIEVE IN ME?” Oliver screamed.

The crowd went crazy. I smiled and looked down at my hand. On my left hand was a silver band. A ring, well a proposal ring. Yes, Oliver and I are engaged.

It was really cute how he did it. He took me to a hidden passage up to this beautiful abandoned palace. He sat down on a quilt he laid on the green grass. We talked and watched the stars. Finally he took out a letter.

He told me that he wrote it when we were in high school. About how much he hated me. At the end of the letter I cried. His letter broke me up. He finished it up by saying “But no matter how much of that hatred shows, deep down I know that you are the one. I know that you are my future. And this is how I wanted to tell you that I want you to be mine. Will you marry me Zen Roo? I promise to always show you love and not the monster that I am.”

I cried as I nodded. I sobbed a “Yes” and he had the biggest smile upon his face. We lay on the quilt and stared at the blue sky watching the stars all night.

“I love you.” he said.

I smiled. I know that we were together for a long time. But he finally said it. I kissed his jaw and lay on his chest. “I love you too Oliver.”

I looked at the side of his face. I rubbed my eyes as my vision became blurry. Oliver’s face was fading and everything around us turned into green dark water. Everything became wet. I started to panic as my vision was no more.

I opened my eyes and I suddenly knew that I was crying. I knew that nothing could get me out of this now. I knew that he would move on and find someone better. Maybe he would be better off without me after I died.