Chapter 35.)

"My fucking wife is crazy," Dajon shook his head as tossing the football to King. It's been four days since Ary gave Eve a beatdown and Dajon still couldn't get over it. When he told Renae what happened, all she did was laugh. He expected her to at least be upset that Ary pointed a gun at him but Renae found his fear amusing. She tried to warn him and told him that Ary wasn't someone that allowed people to walk over her.

She gave him a heads up and he failed to take heed to it. That was all on him.

"Ary finally taking a stroll on tha' dark side, I ain't even mad at dat," King chuckled, tossing the ball to Kwan.

"Mannnnn," Dajon dragged then sucked his teeth, "I tried to lay it down the night of the fight and she put my ass out. I couldn't believe that shit," he shook his head disappointedly.

King and Kwan exchanged looks then busted out laughing.

"What is so funny about my pain and suffering? I'm backed up!"

King and Kwan laughed harder.

"Welcome to our world, lil bro," King chuckled.

"I bet yuh learned your lesson," Kwan razzed and Dajon mugged him.

"I'm supposed to be able to fuck my wife, this is some bullshit!"

"You messed dat up not putting a leash on yo ex, told you," King shook his head.

"Mannnnn! I did not sleep with that girl," Dajon stressed.

King and Kwan exchanged looks momentarily.

"I mean if you did, you can tell us," King tested.

Dajon's expression fell into annoyance as he stared at his brother-in-law. "I did not put my dick in that girl."

Kwan smirked, glancing at King.

"I told you to be careful with Ary... once she let that goon side of her out, it's a wrap. Millz ain't no fuckin' joke. Ary is tha' quiet, reserved, likes to work and paint version that you love and are used to. Millz is tha' goon dat be having your ass shook," King laughed and Dajon flicked him off but didn't disagree.

"She told her mom's?"

"Nah," Dajon shook his head, tossing the ball. "Her mom's probably would have told her to shoot me just to scare me... her momma crazy too."

"Yuh nuh lakka dah pressure? Yuh tried fi play her lakka Yamabella... rong move," Kwan said.

"Nigga what?" Dajon scrunched his face up and King busted out laughing.

"Chicken merry, hawk deh near," Kwan said and Dajon stared at him blankly.

King was laughing his ass off because he knew Kwan was doing it on purpose to get under Dajon's skin.

"My nigga, what are you saying?" Dajon stressed and Kwan smirked.

"Yuh play wid puppy, puppy lick yuh face... yuh set your self up," he shrugged and Dajon sucked his teeth, no longer interested in the conversation.

"Anyways," Dajon turned to King and tossed him the football, "How's Reign doing?"

"Still breathing on her own. They've been feeding her through a tube, her brain activity is still good but they still can't figure out why she's not up yet. One of the neurosurgeons thinks it's fear that's holding her back," King answered.

"That would make sense," Dajon nodded.

"And di miracle gyal?" Kwan queried.

"She's... she's experiencing PTSD... she'll be doing her work at home until next month. If she doesn't feel better by then, we'll just keep her home. Tha' library is still blocked off and they got tha' outside area where tha' kids used to eat lunch at closed. Most of tha' damage was on tha' second floor other than dude's bitch-ass going after Ava... they got about a percentage of things fixed."