Chapter 3.)

"At least your hair stopped falling out," Ary said to Renae. It was a week later and Yanna and Ary stopped by to keep her company since the kids were in school. Dante was in pre-school and Zaire and Assyria were currently enrolled in the same elementary school.

"Really bitch?" Yanna laughed then shook her head. "Out of all the things, you chose hair?"

"Whaaaat?" Ary giggled. She was genuinely confused, she thought she was helping.

"Nothing... whew," Yanna side-eyed her then glanced over at an awfully quiet Renae.

"Nae?"

"Has... um... has he come around you guys?" she asked, staring at a photo of King.

Ary and Yanna shared a look then sighed. "He doesn't speak to any of us... he calls Kwan every other week and Dajon... about the same," Yanna informed.

"He cut everyone off because of me..."

"No," Ary sat up. "He told us that he did not want us voicing our opinions or trying to set stuff up. He only calls to check on everyone if he can't get ahold of Ava," she said.

Renae rolled her eyes then sighed, "At least one of us is doing good."

"Don't even," Yanna glared. She loved Renae to death but also knew that her best friend brought this on herself. "You stopped fighting cancer months ago... don't even do that. It's like you want to freaking die, Renae... I hate this."

Ary tried to stop her but she knew this argument was going to happen one day.

"I'm not doing this with you," Renae sat up and grabbed the tv remote.

"Oh but you can cry about it to Layton."

When those words left her mouth, Ary stared at Yanna disapprovingly then shook her head. They promised Ava that they wouldn't say anything.

"Layton... what? What the hell are you insinuating?" Renae stared at her crazily.

Yanna cut her eyes at Ary then sighed, "Nothing," she focused on the tv.

Renae turned to Ary who pretended to be reading something on her phone.

"So... who else thinks I'm sleeping with him?" Renae queried. This was pissing her off.

"Nobody said you were sleeping with that man... just drop it," Yanna wanted to forget about the conversation because Lord knows she did not want to get Ava in trouble.

"You can get out of my house," Renae go out of bed and Yanna laughed laying back.

"Girl bye."

Ary looked around awkwardly. Although she and Yanna have become tighter and had the same thoughts, she wouldn't dare out their plans, especially not in front of Renae.

"Yanna get out... I'm tired. I don't need this shit right now," Renae picked up her medicine.

Yanna continued to ignore her. Renae was going to have to throw her out, but she knew that wouldn't happen.

Agitated, Renae walked out of the room and Ary stared at Yanna. "Why would you do that? We told Ava we would find out for ourselves, why on earth would you open your mouth? For all we know, her ass probably going down there to give him a heads up." Ary huffed. She was over this mess and wanted things to go back to normal. It was bad enough she had to curse Eve out yesterday afternoon for calling Dajon's phone.

"Renae ain't silly enough to creep with a nigga that's close to the family. And Layton... well... shit," she squinted her eyes. "Maybe I shouldn't have said shit."