Chapter 58.) Back Home

The tropical scent mixed with fresh-cut grass and barbecue lingered in the air. The soft, pretty blue waves crashed against the warm sand as birds sang in the distance. The dandelion-colored sun decorated the trees and luxury mansion, that the kids had missed living in. The air was warm but the frequent movements of the trees created a curtain right over the large pool and cooled the once blazing water down.

The family had touched down in Jamaica about two hours ago and Daewon found himself touring the area with Yae'Shawn and Rue, trying to find himself some good marijuana to cop. Yae'Shawn did not want or need to get caught up and suspended from the team for having marijuana in his system but it seemed as Daewon didn't care. Tamir was right along with them but he and Kaari were a few feet behind as she told him about all the things he and Reign used to do when they were younger.

Reign had begged Kwan to get in contact with Layton, and even though Kwan didn't want to because of what Layton relayed to him about his unexpected attraction to Renae, he knew how much Reign adored him, so against his better judgment and also after running it by King briefly, he called Layton. Layton was surprised to even hear that the family had come down but then again, he remembered faintly about a conversation he and Reign shared a few years ago about her always wanting to return.

With slight hesitation, Layton arrived and he and his shadow; Reign were off to catch up. Yanna upon Zaire's request had taken Kairo and Dante along with them to meet his side of the family but mostly his aunt. King and Renae were still in a way, "beefing" but it seemed as if it were moreso Renae that was "beefing" since King got slick and surprisingly, left the signed separation papers on the bed before they left. Renae was livid and had the urge to curse him the hell out but she chose to take a different route; show him better than she could tell him.

Although the paperwork was fake as far as King and Dajon knew, Renae had no clue about their weird plan, and the fact that King even signed on the dotted lines made her feel as if he was the one ready to throw the towel in this time. That made her feel some kind of way but she told herself that their trip back to Jamaica was for the kids and for everyone to forget about the world back home and its problems, but her feelings were hurt.

Assyria found herself in the theatre room with Ary as they watched Trouble on Netflix, they would be in there all day until the food was done. Kaari

Then there was Ava...

"What ya' doing?" Ava asked King in a child-like voice as he sat out in the backyard going through some files.

"Checking something... why you ain't with tha' rest of tha' kids?" he glanced at her momentarily before closing the folder.

Sighing, Ava sat next to him and fixed her dress, "I have a strong feeling dat something is wrong with you and mom..."

King remained quiet.

"Dante told Zaire he heard you crying... and Zaire told Kai," she added, glancing in his direction briefly before staring at their pool.

"I 'ont know where he got dat from," King muttered but Ava knew he was lying, but then again, he was the adult.

"Ok..." she exhaled then stared at him, "Are you ok tho?"

King smiled, "I'm alright, lil mama."

"Would you even tell me if you weren't?" she squinted at him and he chuckled.

"I'd tell you what you needed to know," he answered honestly.

"Just checking... I'll be back," she hopped up and headed back inside.

Removing her sandals, she skipped towards the kitchen where Renae and Karen were moving about as they prepared dinner with the recipe book that Kwan's aunt had gifted Karen. Sitting at the kitchen island, Ava twirled in the bar stool as she studied her mom for a while.