Chapter 19.)

After her shower, Renae dried off, lotion up her body then applied some of the pink sugar body oil King gifted her on her wrists and neck. Since they weren't going anywhere else tonight, she settled on the champagne-colored satin shorts with the tank to match. She wanted to wrap her hair but felt as if it was still kind of early even if it was going on one in the morning.

"Nae?" King called as he leaned on the wall to her room.

"Yeah?"

"You alright in here?"

Renae stared at him for a moment, then bit down on her lip nervously. "Is it too soon to lay with you?" she asked.

"Nah," he gave a soft smile.

Closing her book, she cut off the light and got out of the bed, and followed him into his room. Renae was a little anxious about getting under the covers then busted out laughing when King nudged her forward before walking around the bed.

"If dis is too much, I'll sleep on tha' sofa bed," he suggested but she quickly shook her head.

"It's not," she got comfortable.

King leaned over and hit the switch to cut the lights out before cutting the tv on. As he searched for something for them to watch, Renae found herself staring out the window at the mountain view.

It was beautiful. She's witnessed a lot of beautiful scenery in her life but it was as if her and King's newfound growth had heightened a lot of things or made the simplest stuff seem so extraordinary.

She wished that it took her being sick to open her eyes to things that she has noticed beforehand but understood that sometimes God would and could humble a person on his time. Another woman got to see her husband during his most vulnerable state and preyed on it and him. It angered her. She was angry because pushed him away when he needed her the most. She hated it because she tried to force herself to believe that she didn't need him around when she knew she did.

She was upset with herself for allowing him to stay away for so long. The first time he left, she admitted that her rage clouded her feelings which resulted in her not caring as much. On top of that, she was keeping herself busy with working with the women that she was locked up with. This time around, she was always in the house and had time to realize that she fucked up.

King could apologize for a few things, but she felt like she owed him more. Not just for herself or their kids but because she knew that he deserved her. He's been giving himself away and putting himself last way before he ever met her. From dealing with his father becoming an addict and verbally and sometimes physically abusive to his mom, he kept himself in the streets just to provide better.

Renae understood why Micah Sr was so hard on King when he first found out that he was running the streets with the twins but she also understood why King stayed in after his father passed. He felt like he had to step up and become the provider and protector even if it meant putting his life and freedom on the line. Yeah, he went to college but he knew that he would never do anything with his degree. He fell in love with the fast money and the rush it gave him. That was until he met Renae.

Both of their lives changed drastically and continued to change as their lives progressed.

"Nae?" it was amazing how his voice caused her stomach to flutter.

"Yeah?" she glanced over at him. She forgot that she was even staring at the window.

"You alright?" the concern was heavy in his voice.

"I was just daydreaming," she rolled over and stared at the tv then frowned, "What is this?"

"The Munsters," he chuckled.