Chapter 5.)

It was four days later. Ava was still giving King the cold shoulder but she also never left his side. She had to keep tabs on him at all times because she'd be damned if she let some woman prey on her father when he could barely stay alert during one session.

She was young but she knew exactly what Joie was doing and if her aunts wouldn't step, then she for damn sure was going to, rather they liked it or not. It was a little after noon and King was preparing to leave for his session and Ava was eyeing him like a hawk.

It was sad that she was the child but could see what was going on while he acted as if things were innocent. There was nothing innocent about Joie or their situation. She was a couples therapist for crying out loud yet, she was only seeing King? Couples therapist Ava's butt, that lady wanted her father.

"Where's your watch?" Ava sat up in his bed and folded her arms.

"What watch?" he asked, looking for his keys.

"Tha' one you've been wearing since I could speak. Tha' one you got updated every year... you know... mom's heart monitor," her blood pressure was rising but she was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

King ignored her question and got down on his knees to check under the bed. He didn't want to accuse her of hiding the keys but he was sure that he put them on the dresser.

"Ava."

"No, I did not touch your stupid keys," she shook her head, opening his history textbook.

Sitting up, King stared at her and squinted. "Ava?"

"I did not touch your stupid keys," she repeated. He was pissing her off.

"Ok," he chuckled, getting up and tried to poke her dimple but she leaned back.

Shaking his head, he continued looking for his keys just as his phone started ringing. Ava cut her eyes and huffed seeing Joie's name.

It was obvious that he wasn't going to answer, so Ava went ahead and did the honors. "What do you want?"

"Ava... you're answering your father's phone?"

"I sure am, problem?"

King glanced over at her and she smiled.

"Well, can you put your father on the phone? He's running late."

"He'll be there when he gets there, thank you," she hung up and continued to watch King search for his keys.

Growing annoyed, she got up and walked towards his drawer and pulled the first one open. "You dropped dem in here last night," she handed it to him then walked away.

"I'll be back," he grabbed his jacket and phone.

"Whateverrrr," she sang, focusing back on her reading.

"Ava,"

"Love you too, Daddy... bye," she shooed him off.

Chuckling, he left out.

When she heard the front door close, she grabbed her cell phone and clicked a few times before putting her phone to her ear.

"Hello?" Reign answered.

"Hey... did you find a new therapist for Daddy yet?"

"Ava... why are yuh still on dis?"

"Why aren't you?" she shot back and Reign laughed.

"I'm barely surviving in dis world, I'm di wrong person to run to for dis... call Kaari," Reign hung up and Ava gasped.

"I know she did not," she tried to call Reign back but she sent her straight to voicemail.