Chapter 20

Recap of the last chapter: 

His hopeful eyes dim when there's only a silent stare as a response. He gulps down the lump forming in his throat and reaches his hand up to cup his mother's face. "I-It's okay, Momma. You've s-said it a lot before so its o-okay if you don't s-say it anymore."

A small sob breaks past his lips and he brings his mother's hand towards his own face. "I...I.." he pauses before smiling at her nostalgically.

"Kookie loves you."

_

Jungkook pulls his head back slightly and looks up at his bosses face, feeling awed by his wise words and lulled by his soothing smile. Standing there with the older's arms wrapped around him, he feels something so foreign, so alien to what he's used to feeling. A feeling of safety, of comfort. A feeling so intense that it feels like his breath has been stolen and replaced by only the heat of the darked-eyed man looking down at him.

Jungkook doesn't exactly know what compels him to do it, for his head was racing and his mind was screaming and chaos was the puppet-master of his being; He doesn't really know what took over him when he stood on his tippie toes and let his lips crash onto Taehyung's. He doesn't know why he did it, what compelled him to do it, but all he knows is that kissing him, caressing his bosses lips with his own in such a tender exchange, being held in his warm arms, it all just feels... right. And nothing in his tainted head or his bruised heart can tell him otherwise.

Taehyung is taken aback by the boy's sudden action and for a moment he stands still, trying to process if his mind is altering reality or if reality is really Jungkook's soft lips moving against his own. He comes to his senses fast enough though, not wanting to miss a second of the younger's affection. He places his hand on the boy's jaw, cupping it, and kisses him back with ease, letting their lips dance into heated ecstasy.

And just like that they kiss. Kiss as the stars twinkle in the sky, as the wind whistles a fine tune and as the rain crashes onto the ground around them. Every detail is simply just a blurred background to their picture perfect embrace.

And that's exactly what it is. Picture perfect.

-

"Leave, Ms Kim," the man says, finality in his tone.

She shakes her head before dropping her head into her hands. "W-Why? I-I worked f-for you for so many year and now y-you want to kick me o-out over this? First you fired me from being your secretary and now you want me to stop w-working here completely?"

Taehyung exhales, looking aggravated as he leans back in his chair. "You know why you're not my secretary anymore."

"Because I liked you?! Because I caught feelings? Is that it? I worked hard for you, sir. And now you act like you don't even remember my name at times," she cries.

"Exactly Ms Kim. You caught feelings. You know that I can't have that. But after you stopped being my secretary, you barely tried at work. You let your skills go to waste over some silly feelings."

She wipes her eyes and chuckles, muttering, "Silly feelings." After a few moments she looks back up and takes a small breath. "Please sir. Give me one more chance. I...this job means a lot to me, I need it. I'll apologise to Jungkook and start working harder, I promise. J-Just...please."

-

"Hello," he answers, seeing Brianna's caller ID.

"I'm mad at you," she huffs from across the phone.

Jungkook frowns," what, why?" he asks, bewildered by the girl's sudden remark.

"You didn't even bother to tell me?"