Chapter 15

Warning: This chapter may contain triggering themes.

-

"Welcome sir," the flight attendant says as she greets the two men with a warm smile. 

Taehyung nods in acknowledgement and Jungkook smiles at her before muttering a small, "hello."

Taehyung sits down on his chair and eyes the younger who looks around frantically, looking as giddy as ever. 

"First time on a private jet, I assume?" Taehyung asks while adjusting his tie. 

Jungkook nods, "yeah." He looks around with wide eyes as he grazes his hand over his seat. 

"There's a foot massage," Taehyung says while pointing downwards. 

Jungkook gasps, "really?!" He squeaks, sounding ever so excited. 

Taehyung clenches his jaw as he observes the boy, finding his jittery state to be ever so adorable. He leans in closer towards him and stares straight into his big doe eyes, causing the younger to freeze and look at him, alarmed.

Taehyung grabs the younger's seatbelt and then clicks it secure before leaning back and gently flicking his nose. "We're going to take off soon, bun."

Jungkook blushes and looks down at his lap. "O-Oh, thanks."

Soon the flight takes off, lifting off from the ground and into the sky above. Taehyung turns towards the small window and watches as the grey clouds shrink into a miniature picture. Above the gloominess residing on the land below, clear skies and sunshine greets the man. A shy golden beam washes over Taehyung's face, illuminating his red lips that are pulled up into the gentlest of smiles. 

Taehyung has always loved flying. To him it feels like a breath of fresh air, an escape from the harsh reality lurking on the concrete grounds below. Being far from home usually makes others anxious but Taehyung finds comfort in the distance. For Taehyung, distance thins the burden of power and the memory of death that resides too close to home.

~

Jungkook's eyes glitter in fascination as he stares at the large chandelier dangling from the ceiling of the hotel room. He runs his hands over the chair and exhales out a small breath as he waits for his boss to finish his phone call. 

"Okay hyung, I got it. Yes yes I will make sure they sign the deal. What do you take me for? A child?"

Jungkook looks up at his boss who stands meters away from him with a hand on his hip. 

"Yes Hyung, I brought my tablets... It's just for a week, calm dow- okay okay. Jesus."

His boss then walks up closer to him and gestures for him to write down some things. Jungkook grabs out his notepad and waits for Taehyung to continue speaking. 

"Okay wait, I'll put you on speaker so Jungkook can write it down," Taehyung says before placing the phone next to Jungkook. 

"Uh, hey Jungkook, it's Namjoon," the man says through the phone. Jungkook unconsciously waves at the phone before he realises that the other can't see him. 

"Hello, Mr Namjoon," he says timidly. Taehyung snorts from the corner, making Jungkook turn to him with furrowed brows. 

Namjoon chuckles through the phone. "God, this kid. How many times do I have to tell you, just call me Namjoon. Or you can call me Hyung like Taehyungie does."

Jungkook's eyes widen in surprise. Taehyungie?  Namjoon calls his big intimidating boss Taehyungie?! Jungkook bites his lip to hold back his laugh as he watches his boss choke on his drink. "Hyung-"