Chapter 19

Warning: Mentions of triggering topics

It's moments like this where everything feels just too surreal. Jungkook wouldn't have dreamt of it in the past but to have Kim Taehyung, one of the most powerful men in the world to now be visiting his sick mother with him in hospital is...odd, to say the least. 

"This is the room," Jungkook whispers as he points to a door. He slowly pulls open the door and steps in before looking back to see his boss. 

"I can wait outside if you feel uncomfortable," the ravenette says, inspecting the boy's expression.

Jungkook shakes his head and smiles a little. "No, y-you can come."

Taehyung nods and carefully enters the room. He exhales a ragged breath at the strong smell of disinfectant that greets him along with the freezing air that brushes past his skin. He pulls his coat closer to his body and decides to stand at the corner of the room, opting to watch the small boy as he trots over to his mother.  

"Momma," Jungkook calls out to the unconscious woman, smiling a little. "This is my boss, Mr Kim Taehyung."

Taehyung, not knowing what to do, awkwardly waves to the sleeping woman. Jungkook chuckles. "He brought me here because I was so worried about you. He can be really nice sometimes, right?" the younger says, smiling cheekily.

Taehyung scoffs playfully, "I'm nice all the time, Bun."

Jungkook looks down at his mother, still smiling before he brushes her hair aside. "Yeah, he is," he whispers. 

Taehyung takes a seat on one of the chairs and he silently watches Jungkook as he aids to his mother. The small boy pulls her blanket up and then leans down to place a kiss on her cheek. "Get well soon, Momma."

Taehyung looks down at his fingers as he finds himself smiling, although the small curve of his lips tremble as his mind reels back to a painful memory. 

"MAMA!" Taehyung screams out as he drops to his knees next to his mother's hospital bed. "Mama co-come back," he hiccups, gripping onto the blanket that covers his mother's face. 

"T-Tae, we have to go now- w-we," Namjoon cries out as he tries to pull his brother back. 

"H-Hyung," the younger boy sobs. "N-No, I don't want to le-leave! Please mama, come back."

The doctor sighs sympathetically and places a hand on the boy's shoulder. "I-I'm sorry for your loss kid, I really am. But I'm afraid you can't be in here longer, you must leave..."

Taehyung flays his arms as his brother gently pulls him back. He screams, trying to break free from the grip holding him back. He grips onto the door and continues to sob, trying to stall his departure. He doesn't want to leave. 

"P-Please Tae," Namjoon cries as he tries to pull his brother out from the door-way. "W-We have to g-go."

"WHY?!" Taehyung grabs onto the door frame and stares at his mother's covered corpse. His eyes shake along with his voice as he speaks, "WHY DID YOU HAVE TO KILL YOURSELF?" 

Taehyung startles back to reality at the sound of a high-pitched squeal. "Hyung," Seonjin screams as he runs to his brother, wide eyed. "Who's that?"

Taehyung looks down at the small finger being pointed to him and waves at the smaller boy standing behind Jungkook. 

Seonjin gasps. "Hyung," he whispers loudly to Jungkook. "There's a scary man sitting over there!"