Prologue

The lion holds his stance, deadly eyes glaring into that of the little bunny's. The ferocious beast adorns a memory of a faded smirk, one the exudes sheer arrogance but also evokes absolute terror. The bunny trembles like a poppy in the middle of a raging battlefield. Petrified.

This large office room that has the lingering smell of cologne and bitter cigarettes doesn't quite live up to its name. Not for Jungkook at least. It feels more like a cage rather than a room; With its uncomfortably cold temperatures, it's threateningly tense atmosphere and the confining walls that seem to shrink in on the smaller boy.

It feels more like a lion's den than anything else.

And standing there in the middle of this extravagant office room in front of one of the most influential men in the business world, he truly does feel like he is in a lion's den. He is a mere speck of dust on a golden Rolex watch; A grain of sand in a vast desert; A lonely star in the endless expanse of the universe.

Simply put he feels inferior, he feels small, he feels like he doesn't belong.

And indeed, it's true.

Standing in the presence of the almighty lion, the ruler of the lion's den, the King of the business world...

Standing in front of Kim Taehyung, the CEO of King's Corporations, Jungkook is inferior, Jungkook is small, Jungkook doesn't belong.

After all, what's a little bunny in a cage full of lions?

Fresh meat, that's what.

~

The man leans forward over his desk, his thick brow quirking up at the sight of the quivering boy in front of him.

"Do you think you have what it takes, Mr Jeon?"

The boy looks up, his doe eyes widening when they meet the man's dark stare. He gulps and slightly nods.

The older smirks cruelly, staring down at the boy condescendingly.

"Then prove it to me. Prove yourself worthy."

-