Chapter 18

-

The skies are dark and littered with stars by the time they land back in New York. Jungkook feels exhausted from the flight journey and craves for his bed. Taehyung and him walk through the airport in comfortable silence, both of them much too tired to speak. 

"It's late, let me drop you off home," Taehyung says as they walk into the car-park. Jungkook opens his mouth to answer but the shrill sound of his ringtone cuts him off. 

He sends his boss and apologetic look and answers the phone. "Hello?"

He is met with Jimin's frantic voice, hastily telling him something from across the line. Jungkook's eyes widen at his words, "what?.. Y-Yeah, I just landed. O-Okay, I'll be right there."

He quickly hangs up the phone and looks over at Taehyung who stares at him curiously. "I-I'm sorry but I have to go somewhere, sir. I'll catch a taxi. S-See you at work tomorrow."

Taehyung barely gets a chance to reply before the younger zooms past him and rushes to the taxi bay. Taehyung stares at the smaller before he lets out a sigh and walks towards his car.

~

"Jungkook," Jimin says, embracing the younger.

"W-Where is she?" the younger asks as he drops his head onto the blond's shoulder. 

"She's in the ICU right now..."

"I-Is she going to be alright, what did the doctors say?" He asks frantically, lifting his head from his shoulder. 

Jimin sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "They said the stroke was pretty serious but told me that they currently have it under control."

Jungkook gulps and looks down at the tiled floor. "Where's Seonnie?"

"With Bri, she was the one who called the ambulance."

Jungkook nods and then drops himself onto one of the metal seats. "T-Thanks for coming Hyung. I'll stay the night here. It's late, you should go now."

Jimin frowns and crouches down to be eye level with the younger. "Hey, Kook, it's going to be okay, okay?" He says as he cups the younger's face.

Jungkook gently grabs onto the older's wrist and pulls them away while weakly smiling. "Y-Yeah, I know."

Jimin stares at the boy with worried eyes."Are you sure you don't want me to stay with you? I can-"

"No Hyung it's fine, you should go."

 Jimin sighs before standing up straight. "Give me a call if you need me, okay, Kook?"

Jungkook nods, still keeping that small smile on his face. Jimin pats his head as a departing gesture and then reluctantly walks away, leaving the younger to sit there on those cold metal seats by himself. Jungkook stares down at the polished floor, mentally grimacing at the strong stench of disinfectant lingering in the air before he lets out a ragged sigh. 

"No kookie, that's the letter L, not I." Jungkook looks up at his mum and blinks before slamming his small hand onto the book. 

"I!" He exclaims excitedly.

His mother giggles and shakes her head as she cuddles her son. "No, L. What does L stand for?"

Jungkook frowns. "L? L stands for...LOLLIPOP!"

The small boy squeals as his mother starts tickling him. "Lollipops? How cheeky. No Koo, L stands for Love. Luh-Luh-Love," she says, annunciating the word clearly.