Chapter 12

Chapter 12

‘’Sometimes it takes the worst pain to bring about the best change,” someone once said.

It was a day like any other day. I went to school and around 2pm when I finished, the girls and I got into a cab and left. It took us half an hour until we got to the mall. First we went to buy all the decorations that were needed for the prom and then we went to look for dresses for Stella and Stefania.

‘’I like the short peach-colored one,’’ Stella said.

‘’I like the long, light blue one,’’ Stefania said.

‘’I like both. You two should try them on.’’

Both girls went to to try the dresses on and both of them when they came out of the changing room looked so beautiful.

‘’What do you think, Bella?’’

‘’You both look gorgeous. I like how the peach color looks on you Stella and how the light blue looks on you Stefania.’’

‘’Thank you Bella. You sure you don’t want to come?’’

‘’Yes, girls I am fine and as long as you have fun I will be happy.’’

They both hugged me and then went to pay for the dresses, then we got into a cab and went back home.

I lived nearby so they dropped me first, but when I was about to reach the house I could see there was a car parked there, and it surely wasn’t my mum’s.

‘’Whose car is that?’’ Stefania asked.

‘’I don’t know Stefania, but it is weird because my mum doesn’t really get vistors at this time.’’

‘’Do you want us to come in with you?’’Stella asked.

‘’No, girls you go and I will call you later.’’

‘’Okay, see you tomorrow Bella.’’

‘’Bye, girls.’’

When I entered the house I saw my mum sitting at the table with my dad. They were both drinking coffee.

‘’What is he doing here mum?’’

‘’Sweetie, just sit down please, he only wants to talk to you.’’

I sat down next to my mum

‘’I missed you Bella, how are you?’’

‘’I am good thanks.’’

‘’I know you are mad at me and you have the right to be, but I came to check on you because I knew you weren’t well.’’

‘’ I am good dad, and don’t worry, I have mum.’’

‘’I thought I would never hear ‘’dad’’ from you again.’’

I was quiet, sitting beside my mum.

‘’Bella, I love you and you know that. I know you are upset about what happened to your brother and believe me it’s the same with me, but I can’t afford to lose another child.”

‘’Sweetie, forgive him please?” My mum pleaded. “What happened between your father and I, I don’t want it to affect you, and besides your father and I are talking as normal humans.’’

‘’I know, but it hurts after all that happened. Look, I will reflect on things. I am just too tired to think of anything, I will go to my room.’’