Chapter 13

‘’What are you looking for sweetie?’’

‘’A dress, mum.’’

‘’How come, for what ocassion? You made a mess in the room.’’

‘’I am sorry about that mum, I will clean up. Anyway, I was invited to prom.’’

‘’Oh my God, who did, sweetie, who invited you?’’

‘’You will be shocked when I tell you, you know who is it?’’

‘’Is it Nichlous?’’

‘’How did you know, mum?’’

‘’Well, before asking you he came and asked me for permission to let you go with him and of course I didn’t tell you so I wouldn’t ruin the surprise.’’

‘’So you knew everything from the beginning mum?’’

‘’Everything, and besides I like Nichlous, he is a very handsom guy.’’

‘’MUM, there is nothing between us we are only two friends going to prom.’’

‘’I am just saying. Anyway I have a dress for you, come and I will give it to you.’’

We went through the hall until we reached my mum’s room and she took from her cupboard a long, dark blue, strapless gown.

‘’Oh my God, mum that is beautiful.’’

‘’I want you to wear it, sweetie.’’

‘’Are you sure mum?’’

‘’Yes, that I dress I wore on my first prom in high school and I refused to give it away, I wanted to keep it for my daughter.’’

‘’Thank you, mum.’’

I hugged her. It is really special for me when my mum decides to give up the most treasured of her things. While hugging her I started crying.

‘’What’s wrong sweetie?’’

‘’I miss my brother and I wanted him to be here for the first prom with me, just having him around me and making me go crazy.’’

‘’Sweetie, he is already here and I know he is beside you and he will never leaving you alone.’’

‘’I know mum, but it’s not the same and I will never be the same.’’

‘’Losing the people we love the most, it’s a lesson to see how strong we are.’’

‘’I know mum.’’

‘’Your brother is beside you and will always be.’’

‘’I love you mum, thank you.’’

‘’I Love you two sweetie. Now, shouldn’t you be going to bed?’’

‘’Yes, I will now mum.’’

I went out of my mum’s room and yelled, ‘’Goodnight mum.’’

She was turning off the light of her room, ‘’Goodnight sweetie.’’

I went to bed and my thoughts were only about Nichlous and I had so many questions I wanted to ask him. Nichlous was a handsome guy, he could attract any girl and so many girls were crazy about him, and why did he choose me from everyone? But at the same time I was estatic about it and one thing  I was sure about that night was that I barley slept thinking about Nichlous.

‘’Prom is tonight people,’’Stefania said.

‘’Yea I can’t wait,’’ Stella said.

I was standing with them in the school hall and Jason and Nichlous were standing with us. We were heading to lunch together and the girls were all so enthusitic about the prom, but I didn’t get to the point of telling them that I am coming because I never got the chance. We got a table and sat together. Nichlous sat beside me.