Chapter 18

Today was the last day of school and the graduation party of Year 12. The school was closed from yesterday, as they were getting everything ready for the graduation and the after party. Today Stefania and I had to go to Stella's home to get ready for the graduation tonight.

''Mum, In the afternoon I will go to Stella's place to get ready for the graduation tonight, and Stefania will be there.''

''Sure, honey. What time will you go?''

''Probably around 4 pm.''

''Okay love.''

My mum was getting ready as she was about to go to work.

''Will you be able to come tonight?''

''Not sure honey, as I might work until late tonight.''

''Oh okay it's okay if you can't make it.''

''I will see sweetie.''

''Okay mum.''

''It's time to go to work. Just give me a text when you leave home okay?''

''Sure mum.''

''Love you sweetie, take care.''

''Love you too mum and you too.''

She kissed me and left.

It was around 7:30 am when my mum left. I did some cleaning around the house and washed the dishes and made myself something to eat. It was around 12 midday by the time I had finished everything, so I went to take a shower and changed into some comfortable clothes. I relaxed on the sofa until it was time to leave. It had been a long time since I was alone at home, and somehow it felt strange. I started looking at all the pictures of my brother which were around the house, and pictures of us both and how happy I was by just being around him. He was a happy boy, always with the big and bright smile that just made me happy whenever I saw it. It had always brought me joy. For a minute I held his picture between my arms and hugged it, and tears fell from my eyes. No matter how many people were around me, I could never have talked and just pretended everything was okay inside me when it wasn't. I guess sometimes being alone is the only way to understand your pain.

I heard the phone ringing and when I looked I saw it was Nichlous phoning me. I dried my tears so he would not suspect anything was wrong with me.

''Hello?''

''Hey baby, how are you?''

''I am good, you?''

''I am good."

''Just wanted to check on you and see if everything is okay''

''Aww..that's sweet babe and everything is okay, in a while I will be going to Stella's place and Stefania will join us to get ready for the graduation.''

''That's nice.''

''Yeah.''

''Is there something wrong?''

''Why?''

''Because, I am feeling something is wrong baby''

''Why are you saying so?''

''Because, I know you too well for you to hide anything from me.''

''It's just that I am home alone and it's the very first time being home alone and not having him with me and seeing all these pictures and his presence around me when he is not around. I can't see him and I want him back I really want that, but I know I will never have him again and that everything between us is lost, and all I have left of him are our memories. Sometimes I just ask question myself - why does this life take away the most important people from us?''

At that moment I started crying.

''Baby?''

''Yes?''

''I am coming right away.''

''No, don't.''

Nichlous ended the call. I didn't want him to see me like that. 10 minutes passed and he was ringing the door bell. I opened the door, he came in and just hugged me so tight, and I started crying even harder. Nichlous was just hugging me, not letting me go.

''It's okay baby I am here.''

He took me to sit on the sofa and took my hand until I stopped crying.

''Thank you baby.''

''I am here and always will be and I am never leaving you to fight through all this alone, and if you ever want talk about him and even if it's the whole night, I will stay up and listen to you, because I never want see you in pain, ever.''

I looked into Nichlous's eyes and hugged him so tight.

''I love you so much, Nicholus.''

''I love you more, beautiful.''

I was still in his arms and he hugged me back so tightly.

''Shouldn't you be going to Stella's?''

I looked at my watch, it was 3.30pm.

''Oh yea, I totally forgot about it.''

''I will take a cab with you and drive with you until you get there.''

''Okay, love.''

I went and took my suitcase from the room, along with my Converse sneakers, and we left the house. Meanwhile I text messaged my mum, telling her
''Hey, mum just left home and Nichlous is traveling with me until I reach Stella's. Love you xoxo''

We stopped the cab in front of Stella's house.

''I will see you later, babe.''

''Yep, love you, and take care until you get home.''

I closed the door of the cab and walked to the door of Stella's home.

I loved Stella's home, she had a beautiful garden and inside the house was big, it looked small from the outside but inside it appeared larger, the walls were in different colors and it had old furniture. I rang the door bell and Stella's mum opened the door.

''Hey sweetie, come in how are you?''

''I am good, and you?''

''Good, and how is your mum?''

''She is good, at work actually.''

''I will probably call her later.''

''Okay.''

''Stella and Stefania are upstairs.''

''Okay, great, I will go up now/''

My mum and Stella's mum were very good friends ever, since they started working together. When Stella's mum left the hotel and went to work somewhere else they never lost contact, and she trusted my mum so much, even with her daughter.

I went upstairs to the girls and opened the door.

''Hey Bella, it is about time!''

''Sorry girls.''

''We were just deciding which nail polish to use.''

''What do you think, Bella?''

'your dress color is a dark purple right, Stefania?''

''Yep.''

''Than try a light purple color.''

''Yea, that will look good.''

''And you a peach color dress right, Stella?''

''Yes.''

''Then go for a White color.''

''I will be wearing a long green dress, so I will probably match it with a lemon nail polish color, what do you think girls?''

''That is great.''

During the next hours we got ready, doing our make-up, doing each other's hair, nail polish and making sure we looked the best we could.