Chapter 20

And so a year passed. Another summer, autumn and winter went by and it was been already one year since my brother passed away, and everything else passed just so quickly. In the end I got my academic score and entered one of the best colleges in England. My mum was so proud of my achievement and I so wanted my brother to be with me on that special day.

In the years that followed I became a college girl and studied business for four years. My relationship with Nichlous has gone perfectly and we decided to keep this long distance relationship. We built this relationship strong with trust, and so it went on perfectly. Stella had another year left at school but I never lost contact with her either. Stefania and Jason continue their relationship as well, and decided to get engaged in their second year of college and Stella, Nichlous and I got to assist at the engagement.

After 4 years apart, Nichlous came to England and surprised me. More years passed and I got married to Nichlous.

So this is how life goes, and thinking about Christmas gives me these flashbacks of my past. My mum remarried and is happy and Stella surprised us by coming with her boyfriend to England to visit us, Nichlous and the kids and I, and so did Jason and Stefania with their two kids, and we got to spend a happy Christmas all together.

I still felt my brother's presence around me and prayed he will always be around me. No matter how much I talk about it, I will never be able to explain the joy he had brought into my life. One thing I am sure of is that a bond between a brother and a sister can never be broken, and I hope all of us understand that not everything in this life is easy, and that there is always the pain of losing the people you love the most.

That is the story of the girl who lost her brother during Christmas.

The End