Chapter 7~ Wade

I ran away as quickly as I could.
Lucky me, he didn't follow me, which meant no questions.

I Said it.
I told him.
I told him i'm scarred, and that I am a monster.
He knows why I didn't want to show my face.
He's probably going to ask what I mean. Darn.

I'm soooo dead.
>and THIS is exactly why we shouldn't have showed ourselves<
[I AGREE FOR ONCE. This was the most stupid plan we ever had]
'He had to know someday'
I mumbled.
[that's also true]
>but maybe that someday should've been a bit later<
[ALSO true. This conversation actually makes sense]
'JUST SHUT UP I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH YOU TWO FOR NOW SO LEAVE ME ALONE'

I just needed to think, without the boxes.

I reached my apartment and went inside trough the window, which is always open.
I walked to the bathroom, and looked in the mirror.

I saw a red mask, with black circles around the white eyes.

It's the only way people can stand my face. When it's covered.
Same goes for the rest of my body.
When I said my face was messed up, I meant my whole body. I'm scarred from head to toe and I hate it.

The solution? Make a second skin!
Because that's what my suit is.  A skin which doesn't scare people, one that's not freaky.

I always keep my suit on, even at night, 'cause you can't take your skin off right?

Thought so. When I want to get comfy, i'll pull a hoodie on over my suit.
It's just for the best to keep myself covered, to prevent people from getting a heart attack.

I haven't taken my mask off in weeks...
My hands reached for the bottom off the mask.
I took a few seconds to pull myself together, to prepare myself for what I was about to see.

I pulled my mask up until my nose, then closed my eyes.
I pulled the mask off completely, then opened them.
I just stared at my reflection; how?

How was it possible to have a face like this?
I stared into my reflection's eyes; the only normal things on my face.
They are blue, and most people would like them. That's what they told me before it all happened.

The rest off my face? Awful. Horrific. Monster.
I'm weird, a weird bald creepy scarred person. All because off the weapon X program.

But that's a story which is going to be told later. Now I just needed to get my facts straight.

Straight... How ironic.

I wasn't sure how I felt about Peter.
But Something was very clear; I wasn't good enough for him.
You want proof? Look in the mirror. Look at me. That's all the proof you need.

I pulled my mask back on, and took a gun. I pointed it to my head,
Because it made my problems fade for just and hour.
Then I pulled the trigger.

~~~~~~~

I woke up, once again, in a puddle of blood.
But this time, There was something different; Spidey was sitting right next to me.
He was quietly sobbing with his head in his hands. He didn't wear his mask.

Why is he here?
What's he doing, why is he crying?
"I'm so sorry Wade, I shouldn't have asked you about your face. But please, don't leave me!" He whispered.

He thought... He thought I was really dead? I put my hand on his knee.
"Hey baby boy" I said.

"Wade?" He looked up, then looked at me with wide eyes when I sat up.
"Wade!" He said, in a relieved tone. What? Why would he care about me? My thoughts were cut off when he hugged me tightly.

"Don't ever, EVER scare me like that anymore, okay?" He whispered.
"I won't. Don't worry" I replied.
He let go off me, and it felt like something inside of me disappeared.

He stared at me, and then asked: "How? How can you be alive, you were shot! You're supposed to be dead... I really thought you were dead" he looked down.

I took his face in my hands, forced Peter to look at me.

"I have a healing factor. I can't die.
People shot me, guns, rockets, even decapitation... I survived it all" I said.

>he thinks we were shot...<
[we gotta tell him we shot ourselves]
>yes. Yes we should<

Yay. How nice, the voices in my head have returned.

"Hey Pete... I wasn't really shot. I kinda shot myself..." I whispered.
His eyes widened. "Why?" He asked.
"Because when i'm 'dead', my problems fade away. It gives me peace for an hour, but like always, i'll wake up in a puddle of blood when reality slaps me in the face.
It's like a little escape when it all gets too much, or when my head is a mess" I said, then hugged him again.

The warm feeling returned.
"Then what was the thing which pushed you over the edge? Was it me and my stupid question?" Peter said. He sounded like he was about to cry.

"It wasn't you. I did it myself. I looked at my own face." I said.
"It's okay Wade. I don't have to see your face anymore. If you don't want to I'll respect that decision."

God  he was so nice. He was the only one who actually cared.

"That's the thing. I decided to show you. Let's get it over with. Okay? Be prepared. You won't like it" I said. My hands reached for the bottom of my mask.

~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! Is it evil to stop here? Mhuhahha. >:D
Thank you all so much for reading my story, we reached 700 reads! That's unbelievable, because I remembered myself freaking out over 50 reads. But look at this! It's amazing to know that 700 people, from all across the world, took time to read my story, out of all the other storys! That people actually clicked on my story.
So thank you all so much for sticking with me until this point!
Also, if you want me to read your story, pm me! And if you want to talk, fangirl or whatever, pm me! I love to get to know my readers, and maybe make a new friend!
Oh wow, this is a loooong a/n, so i'll leave you alone by now!
Bye!
-Moon