fifteen

I stared at the pregnancy test in my hands and looked up at Juyeon. "It's yours y/n," she says. Mine but I would know if I tried for a baby, "and Joshua's," she says. I stare at her in disbelief. My friendship with Joshua was as good as over. 

Xiaojun scoffs, "I see what you are trying to do," he says taking the test and throwing it at her. He was angry,  "you came to me saying you were pregnant with my child and now you say y/n's pregnant with Joshua's," Xiaojun says. "what type of bullshit is this," he says yelling getting the attention of people from inside the company. 

The kind director who had helped us walked over to us, "is something wrong?" he asks looking at Juyeon and back at me. "I'm your boss right?" Xiaojun asks before doing anything. The director nervously nods afraid of what Xiaojun was going to do next. 

"This woman is trying to ruin my marriage by spreading lies," he says. The director looks at Juyeon, "we will be in contact with lawyers," he says.  

*** 

We walked back to the car in silence, why didn't he tell me about what Juyeon had said to him. "Jun why didn't you tell me," he looks at me and weakly smiles. "I thought you were going to hate me, and not love me anymore," he says. I giggle at him pinching his cheeks, "you are so cute!" he takes my hands off his cheeks. "Even if it was true I would have still loved you," I tell him.  

When we get home Xiaojun's parents are at the doorstep, "be ready for anything," he whispers opening the door. I follow after him, his dad was the first one to greet us "Congrats on becoming CEO son!" he says patting Xiaojun's back. 

His mother was frowning but it quickly changed to a smile when she came to hug me. "I heard your father is going to make you CEO," she says. "Although men are preferred for the job-" his father starts off before I interrupted him, "I think a woman can do it as well maybe even better," I say while Xiaojun unlocks the door.  

We walk into our house, "for having no maids this place is pretty clean," MIL ( short for mother in law) says. "Me and Xiaojun clean the house together often," I say setting down some glasses of water. She looks at me in surprise, "my son cleans?" "and cooks too," I say feeling proud of Xiaojun.  

"Guess love changes people," she says walking to the kitchen. It was so hard to please her, for once I felt happy that at least my mom had some common sense. It was just us in the kitchen making the food, the atmosphere was awkward as we both had a way of doing things. 

Outside

"Father did you know mother is sending money to her sister while plotting to take the company for herself," he asked his father. "That's why we've been in Korea to slow down her plans," he says. 

He was in shock his father knew everything but didn't tell him, "I didn't want to tell you but y/n losing the baby right when you are close to becoming CEO was weird," he says. 

"We are going to china so I can divorce her making sure she leaves with nothing," 

Back to y/n

Once we had finished lunch we took it out to where the boys were, Xiaojun looked on edge as he looked at his mom. We enjoyed our lunch talking about the usual business things, "y/n will you be trying again?" his father asks me. 

I choke up, "for the time being no since I will be CEO soon," I say. "Well when you do I will hop on the first plane to Korea," he says chuckling. I chuckle along with him, trying not to be so awkward. 

"y/n why don't you invite your sister over? I would love to see the two of you together," his mother says as we clean up. "Sooji? um she usually doesn't like coming over," I tell her. "Babe I'm going to the office to talk to my dad about something," Xiaojun says poking his head through the door.  

I mentally cursed at him for leaving me alone with her, "y/n tomorrow can you go shopping with me?" MIL asks. "I just want to know what it feels like to have a daughter," she says holding my hands. "Okay, I think I have some time before my meeting," I say. "Perfect" 

We walk over to the living room sitting on opposite ends no saying a word waiting for them to come out, "what do you think they are discussing?" she asks. "Father in law is probably giving him some tips," I casually respond. 

Pretty soon they come back, "dear we must leave, we've been here for too long," his father says. 

The door finally closes, "ah thank goodness," I sigh in relief. Xiaojun lays on the couch with his head on my lap. "Dad knew what she plotted this entire time," he starts off. "Really?"  He nods, "mom has another family, and she's been sending them money but she wants more. She wants your company. So she's going to use Sooji to get it," he says recalling what his dad told him. 

"She will make a request to dismiss you saying you are not good enough and make Sooji CEO," I play with his hair listening to everything, "but she doesn't own my company," "that money was used to purchase stocks for your company so Sooji is a major shareholder using her real name," he says. 

That's why Sooji has been lingering around me, why MIL mentions Sooji as often as she can. 

"Does my parents know," I ask him. "Only your dad, that's why he pushed up your promotion, he didn't want your mom to worry but I'm guessing she's catching on," he says looking up at my eyes. 

That's when I soon realized, the real reason we got married. "Our marriage was a lie-" I was interrupted by a sweet kiss against my lips. "Our love wasn't," he pulls away smiling at me. We spent the rest of the night kissing and telling each other I love you. 

*** 

I step into the car to go shopping with my MIL, when everything went black and I heard a faint voice. "Ma'am we have her," 

-

-

-

-