three

I woke up pretty early to go to school and as a way to avoid Xiaojun, after what he said yesterday I couldn't stop thinking about that girl he mentioned. I shouldn't be upset when we don't even have that kind of relationship.  

On the counter, there was a note from Renjun "noona, sorry he got drunk something unexpected came up," he wrote. Did the girl he mentioned last night show? 

No, I shouldn't be worried about it. Quickly I leave the house and head over to the school. 

At school, some of his friends were at the entrance waiting for me. "Guess he's hungover," Hendery says greeting me. Before I had the chance to respond, his familiar voice echoes, "Nah I'm here so my old man doesn't get mad," he says putting his arm around my shoulder. 

I try to shake it off but his grip only tightens, "hey you are breaking our rules," I whisper yell at him. Hendery notices what's happening and walks away from us. 

He was looking at something, I move my eyes to look over. A girl was walking by she was completely perfect. As she turns around to face us, Xiaojun moves his face closer to mine our lips almost touching. "Stay like this for a second," he whispers. I froze on the spot I didn't know what to do, after what seemed like forever he finally pulled back. 

"Did you see her face?" he says gigging. Feeling angry I hit his shoulder "don't use me for your childish games," I say walking towards my class. My heart was beating fast, I felt my cheeks burning up. 

"Y/N nice to see you," I hear Joshua call out to me sitting beside me. As he sat down I felt all my worries slowly leaving. "So what's got you so worked up," he says patting my head. 

I smile at him, "oh just family issues," he nods taking out our aprons. I didn't tell him I got married, I didn't want to mess up the relationship we have. I open my bag to realize I had dropped my recipe book when I stormed off. 

"Um hey Josh-" before I could finish there's a knock on the door. Xiaojun was standing at the door holding my book, the way he was standing was getting all the girl's attention as they were whispering wishing he was going to approach them. 

He locks eyes with me and walks over, "You are so clumsy but don't worry I'm here," he says placing the book on the table. I was in shock, how dare he. After he leaves Joshua looks at me in confusion. "Do you guys know each other?" I nod "yeah our families are business partners,"  

I look inside my book to find a note, sorry about what I did wifeyy, I'll let you break the rule once - your husband

I crumble up the note and stuff it into my bag and get started on our cooking assignment. We were to make a wedding cake, with our partners. 

*** 

During lunch Chenle and Jisung who were walking by stopped me "noona come and have lunch with us, we know you don't have friends," they start teasing me. Eventually, I agree to go with them. "guys we brought y/n" Jisung announces. 

Not all of them were there, some had already graduated. Xiaojun who was sitting with another girl quickly gets up and sits next to me. "You know I don't care if you flirt with other girls," I tell him as he takes a bite of my food. 

"Yah who-" he stuffs my mouth with food shutting me up. "it's more fun with you around," he says looking at the other girl signaling her to leave. Why was he doing this? When we barely even know each other. 

Lunch was somewhat a mess but it was quite enjoyable, slowly I was starting to get to know the boys a little more. "Hey, so my parents are holding a party you guys want to come?" Xiaojun tells everyone at the end of lunch. 

I shake my head, "Nah" he chuckles at me. "Mrs. Xiao I'm afraid you must attend," did he? "Hey why are you calling me that?" I chase after him. "It's Ms, Kim," I correct him only to get a kiss on the nose. "Nope wrong," my cheeks were burning. I pat my chest, "get a grip," I tell myself before walking over to my next class. 

The boys who saw everything

"Hey didn't they say they didn't like each other like that?" Hendery says

"Xiaojun has never done something like that"  followed by Yangyang

"I'm starting to think this marriage is real" 

Back to y/n

I sit down in my nutrition class fanning myself with a piece of paper, touching my nose. I didn't realize I was smiling like an idiot until Joshua pointed it out, "y/n you feeling alright," he says feeling my forehead.

I nod my head, "yeah you know it's just the beginning of summer so I'm feeling happy," I tell him my white lie. I didn't understand why I was lying this much to him, was it because I kinda liked him. 

"Y/N you want to go out for some ice cream today?" I was about to say yes when Xiaojun's plan came up. "My parents want me to go to an event?" his smile fades. "It's fine some other day?" I nod. "Careful she's probably gonna be with another guy," I hear a girl say. 

*** 

Me and Xiaojun finally make it back home, meaning it was time to get ready to go to the party. 

"Don't dress up too pretty," he whispers as he walks into his room. 

-

-