Chapter 9 - "Don't give me that look, MJ!"

Felicia had spent at least half the trip participating in a little activity in answering questions as a makeshift warm-up for the Decathlon. But when they finally arrived, she was glad to get off the bus. However, as she stepped off of the bus, her phone began to ring, so she pulled her phone from her blazer pocket, and saw Happy's ID looking up at her.

Felicia sighed and excused herself from MJ, and fell to the very back of the messy group that had formed upon stepping off of the bus. "Happy!" Felicia greeted the man with a forced cheery tone. "It is always so wonderful to hear from you, but is right now really necessary for a chat?" She questioned him. "Besides, you were to call me for emergencies only!"

"This is an emergency!" Happy's irritated voice told her.

"Is it now?" Felicia asked in a bored and monotonous tone.

"You didn't at all inform me Peter was going to a Decathlon thing in DC!" Happy informed her matter of factly. "I thought we had agreed on an update whenever something happened, I do not recall getting an update about Peter going to DC!"

"Did you not?" Felicia asked with a overdramatic gasp. "It must've gotten lost in those voicemails of yours, it's a very common mistake. Don't worry, it's not your fault, I don't blame you!"

"Hardy!"

"Alright, alright!" Felicia grumbled. "I neglected to inform you of the DC thing because I'm also going. I thought since I was there - you didn't need to know, not really!" She paused. "It is also rather concerning that you track the kid without permission - really concerning, indeed, Happy!" She told him.

"Do you want us to track you as well?" He asked her.

"No!" She replied.

"Then don't question it!" Happy told her sternly, before he ended the call on her. She slowly moved the phone from her ear and frowned down at it, before she rolled her eyes at the man. He wasn't the biggest fan of hers, and she didn't at all like him - but that was mainly because he didn't like her. She wasn't going to waste her time liking someone who didn't like her back.

It was a complete waste of time.

Felicia hurried to catch up to MJ, and they headed over to the smallish stall that was labelled USAD, for United States Academic Decathlon. As Felica followed behind she spied many other people from different schools walking around. "Everyone stick together!" Liz told the group over her shoulder.

"Yeah, you kidding me?" Charles question as he turned around and looked around himself, just taking in the building they were stood in. "This place is huge!" He spoke.

"I've seen bigger!" Flash mused in a bored manner.

"No one was asking for you to show off, yet again, Flash!" Felicia told him with an eye roll.

"You used to like it when I showed off!"

Felicia scrunched her face up in confusion and disbelief. "No!" Felicia corrected him. "No, I didn't! I always hated it, and maybe I always hated you too!" She mused, and he turned to face her with his eyes narrowed slightly, but she just ignored his gaze.

"Yeah, I don't think that's the case!" Flash told her in a smug tone. "Otherwise, you wouldn't have had-"

"Shut up!" Felicia said quickly with her eyes wide, and MJ looked towards her with a curious look. Felicia turned to look at the girl and gave her a pointed look. "Don't give that look, MJ! Or I might drown you in the bath when we get to our room!" MJ gave her a look, before she laughed lightly.

"You wouldn't!" MJ said. "I'm your only friend!"

Felicia pulled a fake hurt look. "You didn't have to bring my lack of friends into it!" She frowned, before she also chuckled. MJ simply shook her head in disbelief at the girl beside her, MJ really loved Felicia. She was a pretty amazing friend, because she wasn't dull or boring, like many other people that went to their school.