Chapter 18 - "But that's no excuse!"

"Hey, Ned!" Peter spoke down the phone. "Hey, can you hear me? I need you to track my phone for me." He was quiet for some time as Felicia kept looking back at him briefly questioningly. Finally Peter looked towards her. "Jackson Avenue." He told her, and she nodded in confirmation.

"Hold on!" Felicia told him as she quickly turned the wheel of the car, and turned the car around as others car honked their horns at her. Felicia took no notice as she still sped down the road as she headed for Jackson Avenue. Peter put Ned on speaker, as Felicia pulled her mask onto her face.

"You took Flash's car, that's awesome!" Ned spoke in admiration.

Felicia began to weave in and out of cars, narrowly missing getting clipped on the back as she did, as Peter held onto the car tightly. But Felicia concentrated solely on speeding down to where this man with the wings was currently. "Where is he now?" Felicia questioned Ned.

"He's stopped in an old industrial park in Brooklyn." Ned replied. "10th Street and 43rd Street." He told her.

"Got it!" Felicia nodded.

"What?" Peter asked. "That makes no sense. I thought he said he was going out of town."

"Oh, and I reached Mr. Happy." Ned informed them both. "I don't think he likes either of you, by the way. It sounded like he was catching a flight - he said something about taking off in nine minutes." Felicia knew it wasn't news to find out that Happy didn't like her - she already knew that.

"What?" Peter questioned in confusion.

"He was surrounded by a bunch of boxes." Ned recalled.

"Boxes?" Peter asked, but then he realised. "Oh, it's moving day!" Peter's head snapped round to look at Felicia. "Oh, god! Felicia, it's moving day." Felicia had no idea what he meant by that, but she didn't tell him so since she knew they were very close, and she didn't want to loose the turning to where the man was. "He's going to rob that plane, we've got to stop him!"

After a few minutes, they had arrived and she did a sharp turning and barely missed a nearby lamppost as she turned. Felicia quickly slammed the breaks on and parked the car up as she shrugged her coat off, and left it in the car, and they climbed out of the car.

Ahead they saw the man's car parked outside a warehouse and she began to think that maybe doing this in her dress and heels was a bad idea, she needed her suit. But, of course, they had no time for her to go back and get it. So she had to make do with what she had. "I'll meet you inside." Peter told her, before he swung upwards to the roof of the warehouse, and she headed for the entrance.

Felicia silently slipped into the warehouse, and began to walk through the empty halls of the warehouse, and she cringed at the light clicking of her heels. She slowly turned to corner and saw the man ahead stood at a table, when she suddenly felt a presence behind her. Felicia quickly spun round and relaxed upon seeing Peter.

"Don't do that!" Felicia hissed softly.

Then the two of them walked into the empty space towards where the man was stood with his back to them both. "Hey!" Peter yelled as they walked further and further into the room. The man looked over his shoulder towards them both. "Surprised?" Peter asked.

"Oh, hey, Pete." The man greeted him, before his eyes landed on Felicia. "And, I'm sorry, I don't know your name. Though, I must admit, you had me fooled out at the car - waving and acting like you were oblivious to what was going on. I'm impressed, you're quite the actress, huh?"

"It's easy to fool foolish men." Felicia said simply, and he chuckled.

"I'll just call you Black Cat!" He told her with a shrug.