Chapter 16 : Before Winter Break

Lupin handed me a vial of his blood, "This should be enough."

"It is, thank you. The rest of the ingredients came in this morning, Ethan and I will start the potion but the formal spell can only be completed after the winter break. My mother thinks it's be best for me to spend half a day in my animagus form first."

"I totally understand, and I should be fine with the majority of students gone. When are you and Ethan leaving?"

"We'll be on the first train home, tomorrow at noon. Draco is coming with us for the break, I figure I'll work around him with the transfiguration."

Lupin smiled, "Young love, perhaps?"

I shrugged, "Something like that. But I think within three days of our return we should be able to place the spell. Professor, you must understand... the spell is not a guarantee work and I can't promise it's permanent."

"I know but... what have I got to lose?"

I smiled, "That's a fair outlook. I'll have to leave now, I don't have any classes but I have some bags to pack."

"Of course! Have a wonderful break- oh! Before you leave..." He walked over and reached into his desk, pulling out two presents, "For you and your brother. Open them on Christmas, please."

"Thank you! I believe an owl may be on it's way for you as well."

—————

I heard a knock on the door, while folding clothes into my trunk, "Come in!"

It was Draco, he was wearing a brown hoodie and some black sweatpants, "Hey... I uh... I was wondering if I could borrow your potions notes?"

I smiled, "You mean the potion notes I gave you during class?"

He nodded, "...Uh, I guess."

I stood up, and walked over to him, "If you wanted to come hang out with me, you could've said so."

He looked down, and gave me a melancholy smile, "I kinda wanted to talk to you about something sad and I didn't wanna make you sad."

I was a little concerned, "What happened?"

He pulled me over to my bed, and we sat down, "My mother wrote me, and she said that... she said that my father wanted me to take an internship under him this summer. I don't think they meant the ministry."

I understood almost instantaneously, "Well, too bad for your dad."

He looked at me curiously, "Huh?"

"It's too bad, because while staying at my house over winter break, you met THE Bartemius Crouch Senior, a close friend of my mother's, and was offered a summer internship at his shop in France, where I will also be studying."

He was silent for a moment, when he placed a hand on my face and kissed me, and then he placed his forehead against mine.

I wrapped my arms around him, and let his head fall under my head, and rubbed his back.

"I promise, I will do everything I can to protect you."

He picked his head up and hugged me, pulling me into his arms, "And I, you."

We stayed like that for a few moments, and eventually he lied down. I tightly wrapped my arms around him, and buried my face into his sweatshirt. I felt him playing with my hair.

"Are we insane? I feel like this has gone super fast."

I shifted my head up, and smiled at him, "I think we are insane... but I kinda like it."