Chapter 22: Movie Night

"Okay, so, the way muggle TV works of fairly simple. There are two main ways of watching - cable and platform. Cable TV is kinda like the radio - you don't pick what's on, just what channel," I was sitting on Draco's lap, facing him. I could tell he was intensely listening to me, hanging onto every word, "Platform is where you pick a platform, like Netflix or Hulu, and then you get to pick what TV show or movie to watch. It's like owning a record and picking what song to listen too."

"Understood," He nodded, "Can I pick what we watch?"

"You've never seen a movie before."

"Yeah but it's like books, is it not?" He said with extra sass. I smiled and rolled my eyes, opening Netflix.

"What is 'Queer Eye'?"

"Five gay guys go and fix one straight guy's life. Ooo- let's watch Borgias - you'd like that show."

"I thought it was MY choice," he said, moving his legs up and down so I would bounce on his lap.

"If you knew anything about TV, you would choose it. It's about Pope Borgia and his family, and has a lot of murder and toting and heavy scandals."

He looked at me, "Fine. You win." He smiled, and helped me move off his lap so we could both face the TV.

As the show played, he wrapped an arm around me and began playing with strands of my hair - twirling them between his fingers. I leaned my head into his chest, and felt at peace.

—————

I woke up in my cottage house's bed, with a familiar arm around my waist. I guess I fell asleep during the show yesterday.

I wiggled and turned around to face Draco, whose hair was wild and his face looked so peaceful. I dreaded having to talk to him about 'serious matters' today.

After a few minutes, his eyes opened up, and he smiled at the sight of me.

"This is so much better than my parent's."

I laughed, "I sure hope so," I turned and looked at the clock. 8 a.m., so breakfast would be in an hour, "C'mon. We have some research to do," I said, standing up and going to my desk. I opened up the top desk drawer, pulling out my laptop, and turned it on. After a few moments, I opened a search tab and googled, "Lestrange".

I vaguely recognized one man, "Cyrille Lestrange", but couldn't place my finger on it. Something about him just looked familiar, but I had found him on the Wizarding World's version of FaceBook. It said he was working in the Parisian Ministry, which is a two hour travel. I could see him today if I wanted.

"Draco, can we go on an adventure today? It's possibly dangerous."

"We aren't allowed to use magic outside of Hogwarts."

"You're not, but I am licensed to carry year round," I said, sneakily, "You'll need to put on proper attire. We're going to the Ministry."

"Bloody hell," He sat up, "For what?"

"My father told me to track down a Lestrange," I said, "He was a Lestrange before he met my mother and became a Priest, so I guess there's something he wants me to know about his family."

"Bellatrix Lestrange is a Death Eater," He offered.

"Yeah, I'm aware. But there are two major branches of the family - French and British. Bellatrix is British, my father French," I opened my closet, looking through, "But every pureblooded family has quirks we know about - your family is only every sorted Slytherin, and you guys can do metal bending with silver. My family is full of animaguses, all white animals, and we create spells and potions."