8 - Movies

Bucky sniffled and shook his head slightly before turning away from Hazel. "Sorry," he chuckled.

"Oh, no it's okay, this is a safe space, I'm not judging you Bucky," she consoled.

"You know, Bucky is just a nickname," he started, grabbing her attention.

He cleared his throat, "James Buchanan Barnes, yours truely, here, in the flesh," he winked at Hazel, causing a high pitched giggle to erupt from her.

She tilted her head up and smiled, "James, nice."
Her expression quickly changed though and she stared bucky dead in the face.

"I wanna nickname," she whined, pouting and looking at Bucky with big puppy dog eyes.

He couldn't stop thinking about how gorgeous she was. How could someone be so stunning on both the inside and the outside. She practically radiated sunshine, she was basically the embodiment of a happy little puppy.

"Pfft, your name is beautiful as it is," the words slipped out of his mouth before he could stop himself. Hazel's eyes widened.

"I, um, that's," he stuttered, his face turning red. Hazel only giggled and smiled down toward her hands.

"Thanks Bucky, that made my day," she spoke softly.

"Oh, yeah, that's.. that's okay," he stuttered nervously and fiddled with the hem of his jumper.

***

Bucky was the most gentle and kind man Hazel had ever had the pleasure of meeting, and even though it seemed he had a rather tough exterior, the inside of him was soft and fluffy, like a marshmallow.

A really, really cute marshmallow.

Hazel looked down at the stain on the carpet, Bucky's eyes following her gaze. He nervously laughed.

"Yeah, sorry about that, I can clean it," he murmured, feeling guilty about scaring the poor girl earlier.

"Oh no don't even worry about it! Things happen, it is what it is, Hakuna Matata," she giggled, doing air finger guns at Bucky.

"What's Hakuna Matata?"

Hazel turned sharply to face Bucky, her mouth falling open as she tried to rationalise with the fact that Bucky had never been exposed to the cinematic masterpiece that is 'The Lion King.'

"We are so watching The Lion King, it's my favourite Disney movie," she slapped the couch before standing up and crouching down on the ground, attending to the spill on the carpet.

"Whatever you say boss," Bucky rolled his eyes playfully and joined Hazel on the soft carpet. It was so comfortable and made him want to lay down like a starfish and never move.

And he did just that.

"Excuse me," he said, shuffling over a few metres before laying down and spreading out his limbs. He sighed and closed his eyes, rubbing his hands across the silky surface.

"Ahhhh, I want one of these."

Hazel glanced over at him and covered her mouth in a desperate attempt not to laugh. She shuffled toward him and sat down next to his head, noticing the way his eyes shone.

"You know, you have really pretty eyes," she said innocently, furrowing her brows before bringing her hand up to flick a stray strand of hair away from his face, revealing his stunning blue eyes in their entirety.

They looked like crystals. The inside ring was the colour of newly fallen snow, quickly merging into a sea of light blues, the deep colour of the ocean surrounding the outside of his iris.