10 - She's a Mystery Girl

For the next 5 months, Bucky and Hazel met every morning at 6am to watch the sunrise.

Each time Bucky saw the display of colours he was just as in awe as the very first time he had the pleasure of being exposed to such a spectacle. He came out of his shell more and more each day, even to the point where he could laugh and smile freely around Hazel. He could finally be himself around someone other than Sam, and it meant the world to him.

The pair learnt a lot about each other and ended up exchanging phone numbers, much to Bucky's excitement. Hazel had brought a light to Bucky's life that he thought had been swallowed long ago. His nightmares had subsided and the flashbacks weren't as regular.

"So, you draw?" Hazel smiled at Bucky eagerly.

He rubbed the back of his neck and laughed. "Yeah haha, It's always helped me calm down. You know, it's very therapeutic. Do you draw?"

"I do actually! I also sing heaps. Ahh I love singing, it just lets my worries float away," she held her arms out in front of her before letting them float down in a melting motion, causing Bucky to chuckle.

He grew to admire her more and more, and he started noticing certain features that stood out to him. Like the way Hazel's eyes squinted slightly when she smiled, and how her nose shivered when she was nervous or excited. She was truely a work of art and he was never going to let anyone hurt her.

He also noticed how beautiful she looked as the light from the sun danced across her face, highlighting her cheekbones and subtle freckles. Every so often Bucky caught himself glancing at her full, pink lips and had to force himself to look away.

Her laugh was the most adorable thing in the world and the way she just went off on tangents about what she was passionate about left him in awe.

"Can you sing for me?" Bucky asked, his eyes brightening.

"Oh uhhh," Hazel fiddled with her hands nervously. "I, I've never really sung for anyone before," she whispered.

"Aw. That's okay, when you feel ready I'd love to hear."

Hazel blushed and looked up at Bucky, nodding.

"I should get going, gotta get to work," she groaned, tilting her head back and collapsing into a pillow.

"But hey um," Hazel started, her breath hitching.

She breathed out quickly before continuing. "Would you wanna come around for dinner tonight? 5:30 maybe?"

Bucky's eyes lit up and he smiled widely. He'd never been invited to someone's place for dinner before. "I'd love to."

"Great, it's a date!" Hazel said, her expression quickly changing as she realised what she'd said, face turning a deep shade of pink. "That's not- I didn't- I just meant- Um."

Bucky continued smiling like an idiot. "I knew what you meant Hazel," he shook his head and laughed. "I'll see you tonight."

"Sure," Hazel whispered, still embarrassed.

Bucky stood up and smiled down at Hazel, holding a gentle hand out to her, which she gladly accepted, before pulling her up to her feet and cautiously into a warm hug.

He wrapped his strong arms around her and sighed, resting his chin on her head and holding her.

They stood like that for a few moments before Bucky pulled backwards slightly, bringing her face into view. "You give nice hugs," he whispered down to her, his beautiful blue eyes shimmering.

"That's good, because you're gonna be getting plenty of them." She smiled, her head quickly returning to it's original spot as she felt the low vibration of laughter in his chest.