9 - Bloody Pigeon

It had been about 2 hours since Hazel fell asleep, and Bucky was getting restless, constantly flicking his wrist over to check the time.

He placed his hand on his forehead, massaging it before reluctantly putting a hand on Hazel's shoulder and shaking her gently.

"Hey," he whispered as she stirred, her eyes fluttering open before rolling her eyes, groaning and turning away from Bucky.

His brows furrowed in frustration and he sighed, rubbing his neck. "I think I'll head home now Hazel," he drew his lips into a smile.

Hazel rolled over to face Bucky. "The pleasure was all mine," she whispered, her voice husky from sleep. Bucky tilted his head to the side and smiled down at her softly.

"Balcony tomorrow? Same time?" He gave a hald smile.

"Yes ma'am," Hazel gave Bucky a thumbs up before yawning and shooing him away with her hand. "Now scram," she chuckled, eyes half closed.

"And pleeeease lock the door behind you!" She added as he swung open the door and spun around to face her, "Will do."

"Goooo," Hazel yawned, shaking her head.

***

"Yeah, she's nice," Bucky spoke enthusiastically through the phone.

"The Buckster strikes again," Sam's voice crackled through the phone.

"Yeah you wish. She's just a friend. Gosh, I need a friend." Bucky rolled his eyes, the sass practically radiating to Sam's end of the phone.

"Ooohhhh, someone's madddd," Sam teased, but then quickly changed his tune.

"Hey! You have me, you grumpy old tin man," He yelled.

Bucky squinted and pulled the phone away from his ear to prevent being literally deafened by Sam's booming remark. "Yeah, and you're a pain in the ass!" He yelled, equally loudly.

"OKAY FAIR ENOUGH," Sam raised his voice even louder than Bucky thought was humanly possible.

"I swear to you if you don't lower your damn voice I will hang up," he threatened.

"Oh nooo, Bucky's gonna put the phone down," Sam was cut off as Bucky clicked his phone angrily and threw it to the opposite end of the lounge.

"Bloody pigeon," he scowled, rolling his eyes and flopping down onto his back.

"No you!!" Sam's voice came through the phone, muffled by the pillows.

Bucky bolted out of his seat, widening his eyes and shaking his head.

"I'll never figure out technology," he sighed, picking up the phone again.

"I've got good news for you, Capsicle 2.0, I actually happen to be in New York as we speak," Sam chimed.

"What?!" Bucky raised his eyebrows.

"Yes ma'am, now would you be so kind as to send me your address and we can have tea and scones like a little old English couple," he finished in a cheesy attempt at a British accent.

"You keep that up and there'll be no tea for anyone," Bucky remarked, becoming more frustrated each second.

"Just send the damn address," Sam lowered his voice.

***

Knock knock.

Bucky strolled over to the door and swung it open to reveal a very excited Sam Wilson.