17 - The Beach - Part 1

*2 weeks later*

"You sure that's still okay?" Bucky spoke in a hushed tone, covering the speaker with his bionic hand in an attempt to muffle the juvenile chatter coming from the other side of the room.

"Oooo what a lovely vase! What a shame it would be if it were to fall!" Sam yelled, chuckling as Bucky moved further away from him, flicking his hand in Sam's direction as if to say 'go away'.

"Yeah, yeah of course, I'd love to meet him Bucky," Hazel's voice crackled through the other end of the phone. Bucky squinted harshly as he tried to hear her over Sam's continual yelling. But it only got worse.

"Look! A fridge! Wait. Oh my GOSH IT OPENS BUCKY," Sam jumped back from the fridge, slapping his hands over his mouth and widening his eyes as he left the door ajar.

"Yeah, uh, don't have high expectations," Bucky muttered into the phone and groaned, "excuse me for a second," he whispered and then pulled the phone away from his ear, covering the speaker.

"CAN YOU SHUT UP!" He yelled at Sam, causing him to shudder violently and then rush to the other room. Bucky shook his head and then brought the phone back to his ear, massaging his forehead firmly with his free hand.

"Sorry Haze. I'll be ready in 10," he sighed.

"Okay, sounds good!" Hazel's cheery tone bubbled through the phone and sent a wave of warmth through Bucky.

"Okay, see ya," he smiled and hung up. He brought the phone down so it was level with his chest, gazing at Hazel's profile picture for a few seconds before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath in. He set the phone down and bunched up his hands before forwarding into the room Sam was in. Bucky threw the door open, head down, staring up at Sam through narrowed eyes.

"Oh shi..."

Sam couldn't even finish before Bucky lunged at him and had him pinned against the wall, hands tightly gripping his shoulders, their faces mere centimetres apart. "What did I tell you?!" Bucky growled loudly, trying hard to contain his burning anger but failing miserably.

"Relaxxxxx I'm sure your girlfriend doesn't care about my yelling," Bucky's eyes narrowed even further at that one word.

"She's not..." he stopped himself and took a deep breath out, this time speaking in a calm tone and releasing Sam from his grasp, "she's not my girlfriend okay, now can you please get ready," he backed away and slung a bag over his broad shoulder, "she'll be here soon," he added before leaving the room, his anger slowly melting away as the thought of Hazel reappeared in his mind.

The pair still weren't official yet. They'd known each other for several months now and even though they'd shared intimate moments and countless affectionate exchanges, they'd never actually discussed them.

Today Bucky was hoping to change that.

***

Author's Note

Hey! Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who's been following along with my book, it means the world to me! This is just a small chapter to set up the next part of the story, please comment if you have any feedback! 💗

peterxbucky :)