Jealousy is Male, 6'1" With an Amazing Jawline, Goes By The Name of Baek Kyung.

Jia avoided going into the storage room.

She chose, instead, to bundle herself up and lay on the sofa until it was time to go to work. An obvious shiver ran through her as she dragged her feet to the front door.

Kyung, who, if asked, would refuse that he had planned on leaving at the same time as Jia so that he could spend more time with her even though they lived together, frowned, "Turn up the thermostat if it's too cold for you."

"Over my dead body am I stepping into that enclosed space." She shot back, shuddering again before throwing on her jacket over her thick, woollen sweater. "Why do you like the cold so much anyway?"

"It's not that cold."

"It is! It's fucking freezing inside."

"No, it's not."

"You're the only one I know who starts sweating when it's cold."

"Again, it's not that cold." He raised a hand to pet Geumbi but she growled again. "You know what, just keep all of your four jumpers on."

Jia clicked her tongue and, while searching for her other pair of shoes, mumbled something that sounded awfully like 'you take off your shirt if it's too hot for you'. Feeling oddly flustered, odd because he never felt flustered, Kyung walked out of the apartment.

☘☘☘

"You bark at me once more and I'll throw you into the river." Kyung snapped crossly at Geumbi as the three of them hiked up the pedestrian cross. Almost immediately the dog quietened down.

"How dare you!" Jia smacked his arm, "Bi-bi, don't listen to the cranky idiot—"

He rolled his eyes before saying, "Watch where you're going. You'll slip on ice."

The moment he finished his sentence, Jia slipped and wobbled. Flailing her arms, she grabbed onto Kyung to steady herself. "Thanks."

He wasn't going to lie and say that he hadn't blacked out for a second when she touched him. "I told you you'd slip and fall."

"I didn't fa—" He let go and she toppled backwards, falling on her butt on the snow and ice. "Baek Kyung, you little bitch!" Jia shrieked as Geumbi sat down on all fours next to her and tilted her head.

Not bothering to help her up, Kyung snickered to himself as he sauntered away.

☘☘☘

Jia wouldn't get on the bus so they walked most of the way together.

"So what happened to your father?"

"Do I have to answer?"

"Not particularly."

"..."

"..."

"I have two memories of him. In the first one, he is sitting blank faced while that woman screams at him. When she hurls a plate at him, he tells me to go back to bed. In the second, he's putting his coat on while that woman isn't present. I can't see his face because it's dark. He tells me that he hopes I get the chance to leave soon as well. And then he's gone. I was four, I think."

"...I'm sorry."

"Nah. It's like you said. Not everybody is meant to be a parent."

"That doesn't mean they get to take it out on us. Do you know where he is now?"