Jia Accidentally Moans Kim Soohyang's Name and Kyung is Not Happy

Aeri, unsurprisingly, was the first to curse out Jia when the latter revealed her plans to her friends, three days later.

"You're the dumbest person I've ever had the misfortune to be friends with." Aeri raged, glaring down at Jia who lay on her back, under the 100-year old tree, eyes closed and hands on her stomach. The girls had skipped P.E. because who the hell wanted to run around the basketball court and indulge in meaningless exercise? "Why the hell would you willingly help that woman out?" Aeri continued, "Is she holding you hostage? Is she blackmailing you? Has she threatened your grandfather!?"

Jia peeked at her vacantly, "It's atonement."

The girls looked at her slowly, Aeil and Aesam sitting by her head. "Atonement for what?" Aesam demanded.

"Just that." She closed her eyes, with a hint of finality in her tone. The filgrastim shots had been making her body ache and she was trying really hard to not snap at anyone and everyone that she came across. "I've been sneaking around the hospital for a bunch of tests. It's exhausting. Plus I still need to study for the next CSAT. And I'm staying in the hospital for the next few days again." She sighed, "I'm not complaining though."

The three shared a look before Aeil asked, "Your grandfather still hasn't woken up, has he?"

"Nope. Got the flowers your dad sent him, by the way," she said, trying to not think about the hospital room and the nauseating smell its hallways had, "The room was so full of the get-well-soon bouquets people sent that Hwan told the nurses to start giving them out to patients who don't get any visitors. He ate the stuff in the gift baskets, though. Not like grandpa would've wanted the chocolate-covered blueberries."

"It's so sad." Aeri said, looking genuinely sad, "If there's anyone who gets to live forever, it's your grandfather. He's the nicest person I've ever met."

Aesam nodded, "Yeah. He's always treated us with such warmth. Not even my parents speak to me as kindly as he does."

Sitting up with an 'oof', Jia fixed her hair, "Before you guys bring it up, I'm sorry for not telling you guys about him before. I was...preoccupied." With my immature, dumbass siblings whom I haven't spoken to in three days.

They collectively shrugged and Aeil commented, "We're used to you not telling us stuff until it's important, what with your gossip-slash-secrets gathering business."

The corner of her mouth twitched, "It's...it's not—it's not a business."

"Who are you kidding? You've said it yourself that it's a business." Aeri made a face, "It's a damn monopoly. I won't be surprised if you know about stuff that happens behind the doors of our school or our families' business."

Jia pressed her lips together and looked away pointedly. She thought of the pictures and documents she had stolen from Baek Daesung's office, now hidden in her phone as well as between her Chemistry notes. She had yet to decide how to proceed next. It would be a bitch move if she just posted them to the nearest police station or uploaded them on the Internet without asking Kyung or Joonhyun. Or the second-wife-lady, for that matter. Eun Danoh kept hovering around her, with that annoying expectant look on her face. Jia understood the anticipation. She was antsy about the situation as well. But she was at a standstill and didn't know how to bring up the issue with Kyung.

Jia let out another heavy sigh, slouching miserably on the bench.

Aesam quirked a brow, "What is it?"