Office Visits; Chapter 3.

I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He was still dressed in the same black suit as this morning. His blonde hair was gelled back and his blue eyes were focused on mine. He got closer, making his way through all the people. My feet weren't moving. I wanted to get away, but I just couldn't move. He stopped once he was in front of me.

"Ms. Mota, what a nice surprise." He said, tilting his head to the side. I took a deep breath and smiled.
"I wish I could say the same, Mr. Hough."
"Please, call me Derek."
"I believe that I'm more comfortable with Mr. Hough."
"Very well then." His eye met mine, like he was searching for answers. "May I buy you a drink, Ms. Mota?"
"Actually, I'm here with my sister. And I should probably find her.."

Find her? She's on the dance floor. Get it together, Bethany. This man wants your company.

"One drink won't hurt."

He started walking to the bar and soon I found myself following him. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Becca give me a sly smile. Shaking my head, I sat down next to him.

"Order what you fancy, Ms. Mota."
I tore my eyes away from him and looked at the bartender. "Rum and coke please."
Derek's eyes widened. "Never seen a girl drink before?"
"Surely not rum, Ms. Mota."
I smirked, turning my head. "So what is a busy businessman like yourself doing here?"
"I was invited. Earlier I was informed that you had canceled all future meetings between Whiel and Morgan. Why is this?"
"Mr. Hough, with all due respect, I have no intention of "joining hands" with Morgan, Inc. Whiel is my fathers company, and he worked hard to get it where it is. I'm not letting that slip away."

He nodded and sipped his drink, never losing contact with my eyes.

"I see. I can inform you Ms. Mota that taking your company was never in our plan. Two companies as good as ours could do a lot of good if they worked together. That is why my partner and I have reached out."

His jaw clenched and I felt my insides do flips. "So will a due respect." He mocked me, smirking at his own comment. "I suggest you rethink your decision."

He stood up, downing the rest of his drink and straightening out his suit.

"It was good to see you, Bethany."

He turned on his heel and headed back to his group of colleagues I'm assuming.

"Close your mouth Beth."

Becca was standing beside me with a grin on her face.

"Who was that blonde sex God?"
I shook my head, grabbing my wallet. "Let's go."
"We just got here-"
"I don't care Becca. We're leaving, now."
~~~~
"Charlie has requested your presence in his office, Ms. Mota." Alec said through the phone.
"Alright. Thank you."

I set the phone back down and stood up, straightening out my black pencil skirt. Walking out of the office I smiled at Alec and began down the hallway. Once I reached Charlie's office, I knocked and opened the door.

"Bethany, welcome."

A brown haired man turned from the window and smiled at me.

"Ms. Mota, I'm James Morgan."

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

"Charlie, I thought I made it clear that there would be no relations between Whiel and Morgan."
"Oh you did, Ms. Mota. But my partner, Mr. Hough has informed me that you two came to some sort of agreement last night."
My jaw dropped. "Well Mr. Morgan, that is not true. We simply ran into each other and had a drink. That is all."

Charlie crossed his arms with an amused look on his face.

"Ms. Mota, may I ask what it is that is holding you back from our proposition?"
"No, because it's none of your business. Whiel will not, and I repeat will not be joining hands with Morgan. So you and your goddamn partner need to back off."

I could see Charlie smirk out of the corner of my eye. Mr. Morgan took a step back and put his hands in his pocket. Good job, Bethany.

"Very well then, Ms. Mota."
"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a ton of work to do. Charlie, would you show him out?"

Charlie nodded, still smirking. I walked out of his office and headed back to mine. Alec smiled at me.

"Do you have the files from last weeks board meeting together?"
"I do. I transferred them to the computer so I can just email them to you."
"That would be fine. Thank you."

Walking into my office, I took a seat. Line 4 was blinking on my phone.

"Alec, why is line 4 blinking?"
"Not sure, no call came through."

I pressed line 4 and picked it up.

"This is Bethany Mota."
"Ms. Mota, how nice to hear from you again."
"Mr. Hough..." My lips pressed together.
~~~~~
Wow these two just won't stop lol. But I hope you all are enjoying. This is only just the beginning and its gonna get better, I promise :) thank you for reading! Feedback is appreciated 😊😊