I Would Rather Listen To That ; Chapter 10.

"Alec, are George and Charlie in the meeting room like I asked?"
"I don't know. I called both of their assistants about 20 minutes ago."

I sighed and typed the meeting room number, holding the phone to my ear.

"We're here Bethany." George said.
"I'm on my way."

I hung up the phone and stood up, grabbing my tablet.

"Are they there?"
"Yes. Can you please go over the list of new employees while I'm out. Also, call over to Morgan, Inc. Set up a meeting for tomorrow around noon."
"I'm on it."

I took off down the hall, turning into the meeting room. George and Charlie were both sitting there with tablets in hand.

"Bethany."
"Charlie, George."
"How are you?" Charlie asked.
"Busy."

He nodded, and set his tablet down.

"Besides new employees, which could have been talked about over the phone, I don't really understand the point to this meeting."
"To be honest, I don't either." I sighed, and looked at the two of them.
"George, could you possibly go look over the employee list? I'd like to have a word with Bethany."
"Of course."
"Just head to Alec's desk because I already have him on it."

He simply nodded before leaving the room.

"What's going on with you, Bethany?" He asked, closing his tablet completely.
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"Yes you do. You have been filling your entire day with paperwork and meetings. You even met with the maintenance crew yesterday."

I sighed, looking down at the table.

"It's been 9 months."

It was like a lightbulb clicked on in his head.

"Your dad."
"Who else?"
"Bethany I know it's hard, but you cannot over work yourself like this. It's not good for you."
"What else am I going to do? Sit at home and mourn?"
"No. But you are going home. You need to rest. And I'm not taking no for an answer."
"Charlie-"
"Bethany, go. Please."

I nodded at him, standing up slowly. He smiled before I turned to the door, opening it and closing it.

When I opened the door to my apartment, there was a ray of sunlight peeking through the closed curtains. I smiled to myself and walked over to them, pushing them open. My almost always dark apartment was now flooding with light. My heels could not come off fast enough as I headed for my bedroom. I threw my purse down and sat down on my bed, feeling my body relax as I sat against the pillows.

"Bethany-"
"No..." My eyes began to water. "No he's not dead mom."
"Baby.."
"No! He was just walking around yesterday. He can't be dead."
"Sweetheart-"

Her eyes began to tear up as I threw my head down into my hands.

"Mom..."

Her arms wrapped around me tightly, both of us crying at this point.

"Beth... It's gonna be okay. We're gonna be okay."
"How can you say that! He's gone. We didn't even get to say goodbye...."

I stood up and looked outside onto the lawn where Becca was sitting. Her hair was blowing slowly in the wind as she stared at the sky. The tears began to flow quicker, my heartbeat speeding up.

"He can't be gone."
"Bethany..."

I felt my legs give out beneath me as I crashed to the floor.

My eyes shot open, my phone ringing loudly next to me. I picked it up only to see Derek's name across the screen.

So now he wants to talk.

"Hi." My voice came out a little more rude than I expected.
"Are you at home?" His was breathy.
"Yes. Why?"
"I stopped by your building after Alec called my office hoping to talk to you. But he said you had gone home for the day."
"Yes, I'm at home Derek."

The line went silent, only our breathing was heard.

"Can I come over?" He sounded hesitant.

My eyes reopened at the sound of my front door opening. I sighed and readjusted myself on the bed so that I was under the covers instead of on top. My bedroom door opened and then closed before my room was taken over by the aroma of his cologne.

"Hey." He said, his voice distant.

I looked up and his face instantly softened.

"What's wrong?"
"How do you know something is wrong?"
"Your eyes are red."
"I'm tired, Mr. Hough."
"I can see that, Ms. Mota."

I smiled a bit as he leaned down and pressed our lips together. His hand immediately reached for my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked, still inches away from my face.
"Not particularly."
"Well then, how about we eat?"
"I don't really feel like cooking."
"Guess it's a good thing I brought food then."

I smiled again and then stood up. He joined me and we headed down the hall to the kitchen.

"What did you pick up?"
"Spaghetti, from Olive Garden."
"Mmmm."
"I mean, I don't really know much more about you, Ms. Mota."

He smirked, and started pulling out the to go containers of spaghetti. I sighed and removed my bracelets from my arms, putting them on the counter.

The living room was quiet, the only sound was the tv which was on low.

"What time is it?" His voice was hoarse.
"I don't even know. Probably around midnight."

He pulled his lips closer to mine and kissed me softly there before leaving kisses all around my mouth. I giggled and sat up more, leaning into his body.

"Thank you for listening to me babble."

His body rolled over, his hips pressing into mine.

"I could listen to you talk all day, Ms. Mota."

I felt my breath get caught in my throat as his head went for my neck. A moan scrambled out and my hands gripped his back.

"But I would much rather listen to that."

His teeth sunk into my skin, biting and sucking on my neck and collarbone. I shivered underneath him, gripping onto the blanket.

"Derek...."
"Sh.. I know." His voice was raspy.

His hands made their way down my body, stopping between my legs. I gasped, grabbing hold of his arms.

"Oh god."
~~~~~
Okay so this was kinda an introduction to where I plan to take this story. Also, the gifs up top are going to get hotter. And within the next chapter or two, there might be an actual full sexy scene ;) I've been delaying it for a purpose, so don't worry! Thank you all for reading! Feedback is appreciated :)