You Have Me ; Chapter 13.

"What the fuck do you mean we just lost transportation?!"

I opened my eyes, sitting up almost immediately. Derek was pacing back in forth in the pants he went to bed in. Turning his head towards me, his face was like stone. His blue eyes pierced mine before turning back away.

"No Mike, this is not good. I hired you to do a fucking job and make sure that shit like this doesn't happen. We just lost 10 percent of our company to Peterson. All because you weren't paying attention during a meeting. I hope whatever it was was worth it because it's the last thing you've done. Your shit better be cleaned out before I return to the office today."

He hung up and threw his phone on the chair, turning his whole body towards me. His expression was unreadable, but his stare cut me like a knife. Desire pooled in my stomach, goosebumps covering my skin.

"I- uh, is everything okay?"
"No. Everything is not okay, Bethany."

I crawled out of bed, his black shirt just covering my butt. My legs moved quicker than I wanted them too, and soon I was standing in front of him. I lifted my left hand up, holding the side of his face. He grabbed hold of my arm, and slowly pushed it back down.

"We have to leave. Can you be ready in 20 minutes?"

I felt a bit of disappointment overcome my body. Nodding, I turned to my side of the room where my bag was still packed. I pulled out a pair of shorts and a tank top before I moved into the bathroom to change. Looking in the mirror, I noticed how my expression was sad. I can't have feelings for him. This is an affair. That's all. Nothing more.

The car was filled with silence, his fingers tapping on the dashboard the only sound being made. I readjusted my legs, and glanced back at my phone. It was only 11. We weren't supposed to be going home until later. Derek glanced over at me, his face softer than before.

"Are you hungry?" He asked, his hand finding its way to my knee.
"Not really." I picked up his hand and put it back on his side.

His eyes rolled and he sighed before looking back at the road again.

"How long is this silence gonna last?" I asked, feeling the annoyance roll off my tongue.
"You can talk whenever you want to."
"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?"
"No, it doesn't concern you."
"I'm you-" I stopped myself. We weren't anything. We were just fucking, nothing more than that.
"You're my what?" His attention was now clear on me, only glancing back to the road occasionally.
"Nothing, never mind."

We pulled up in front of Derek's house. He held up a key to the gate entry and the door opened before we drove in. He pulled in front and turned the car off, grabbing our stuff out of the back before getting out. I got out as well and started up the stairs, opening the front door and smiling at Eva.

"Hi Bethany."
"Hi Eva."
"Enjoy your trip?"
"A bit too short."

She nodded and took the stuff from Derek, who instantly headed upstairs to change.

"Something happened at the office apparently."
"I know, I've been informed to keep you company and make sure that you receive everything you need."

I nodded, trying to not roll my eyes.

Derek was back down within 10 minutes.

"I should be back in an hour. If I'm longer, just take Bethany home, okay Eva?"
"Yes sir."

He started to walk out of the door and once he was on the porch, I followed after him.

"Wait."

He turned sharply, still tying his tie. I moved closer to him and brought our lips together, kissing him passionately. His hands gripped my waist and he groaned before pulling away.

"I'll be back. Don't go anywhere." His voice was stern but he winked after which made me smile.

I turned over in Derek's bed, holding the blankets close to me. It has been a little over 3 hours and with not getting much sleep last night, I just wanted to rest. I sighed, going to move but then the front door closed, and footsteps came up the stairs.

"Bethany?" His voice was strained, more tired than anything.
"I'm in your bedroom."

He was standing in front of me when I reopened my eyes. His face was soft, his tie now undone.

"Were you sleeping?"
"A little bit."

He smiled and sat down on the bed with me.

"You okay?" I asked, now looking into his eyes.
"Mike, our treasurer, was supposed to attend a meeting that would turn down Peterson's offer to take some of our transportation. He didn't go. He sent his assistant. So we have officially lost our transportation unless we can convince Peterson to share. It's going to cost us a lot of money. I personally fired Mike and James fired the assistant."

I sat up, and reached for his hand, placing mine on it.

"If you need anything, let me know. I can try to help."
He nodded, looking back up at me. "I need you."
I felt my heartbeat speed up. "You need me?"
"My god yes. Yes I fucking need you." He crawled over me, pushing me back onto the pillows. "I've needed you since you walked into that meeting room."
"Oh." I said barely in a whisper. I could feel my heartbeat in my mouth. His head swooped down, capturing my lips with his. My lower half caught fire. Before I could pull him closer he pulled away.
I took a deep breath, and felt my cheeks get hot. "Well you have me."

His lips were on mine again within seconds, our tongues battling each other. His hips pressed against mine roughly, causing me to moan. I could feel his smile against my lips as we continued to kiss. His free hand was roaming up and down my body, and his lips moved down to my neck and open cleavage.

"Say it again." He pleaded.
"You have me."
~~~~
Okay so this is definitely a step forward in their relationship. And the company drama is not over yet. Just wait until Bethany goes back to work ;)
I hope you all enjoyed! This is probably my favorite thing to write right now. I love this story so much and want to make it the best for you guys. Thank you for reading :) feedback is always appreciated!!