You're Safe Now ; Chapter 22.

"Daddy please. Listen to me. Just untie my hands, we can fight him together. You can go home."
"Bethany, I can't- I can't risk him hurting my little girl."

Bethany's eyes teared up, and she struggled to untie herself. Her wrists were raw, the rope burning her skin. Her arm had stopped bleeding, but she was almost sure it was near infected by now.

"It's almost 8. He's gonna bring Derek here. You have to let me go."
"Baby, you don't understand. Alec, he's crazy. He threatened you, Becca and your mother. I can't let anything happen to you guys."
"Look at me! I'm already hurt, and he's going to hurt me more if you don't help me."

Tom turned his head away from Bethany, which caused the tears to flow faster.

"Dad-"

The door burst open, and Alec walked in, pushing Tom away from Bethany.

"I told you to keep your little mouth shut. What part of that don't you understand?"

His fist collided with her face, causing a cry to escape from her lips. Her face was burning, and she spit out blood to the side.

"You're boyfriend should be here shortly, and then he'll get to witness you suffer." His fingers ran down her cheek. "Just like I did."

Bethany flinched, pulling on the rope even harder.

"He's gonna kill you, you son of a bitch!" She screamed out, only to get hit again.
"I told you to SHUT UP!"

Bethany looked down only to look right back up when Derek came rushing in with guards behind him. Her eyes glimmered for help, and Derek's jaw dropped. She mouthed "help me" before Alec turned towards Derek.

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here." Alec smirked, only ushering the guards to hold him in one spot. "How nice of you to join our little party here."
"Don't you fucking touch her!" Derek shouted, only to be restrained harder.
"You came alone, just as I asked."

Alec walked behind Bethany, pulling the blade back out of his pocket.

"You asked me what I wanted. Money, of course, would be too easy."

Bethany shivered, feeling the blade run along her neck.

"I want you to watch Bethany suffer, just like I did. Just like I have the past 20 years of my life! You two were on to me, as you should have been. But, I figured it was about time that the two of you realized just what is going on."

Bethany took a deep breath, only to let out a scream when Alec dug the blade further into her skin. Derek flinched, trying to get to her.

"You're sick!"
"No, no."

Alec smirked again, only this time, he pulled the knife to Bethany's neck.

"I swear to god don't you fucking do this Alec! I will kill you-"
"Killing her would be too easy. It's time she learned the truth." He pulled the blade from her neck and pointed it at Tom. "Why don't you tell her? Tell your little girl here why all of this is happening."

Bethany looked up as her dad stepped closer to her. He mouthed "I'm sorry" before turning away from her.

"Alec... Is my son."

Bethany felt her heart slow down, and she took another deep breath.

"Right before you were born, I had an affair, and then when I found out she got pregnant, I payed her off to keep silent."
"Yes, but what he didn't realize was I was too smart to be played. And I found out."
"He threatened you and Becca if I didn't stage my death, and come work for him. Help him get into your company."

The tears were flowing harder than before, and Bethany could barely catch her breath.

"Now, sweet, sweet Bethany. Now you know what I felt. My entire life."
"Please.... Just let me go."
"That would be way to easy. You know too much, you have seen too much."

Alec pulled the blade back up to her throat, and stared at Derek.

"You might want to turn your head away from this. No, actually. I want you to watch. Keep his head straight."

The guards grabbed ahold of his head, and made sure it was pointed straight at Bethany.

She let out a son and looked directly at Derek. She mouthed "I love you" before looking away from him.

"Now, Bethany, anything you want to say?"
"Just kill me already."

Alec smirked, and prepared to drag the blade across her throat. Derek closed his eyes, only to be deafened by three gun shots. He immediately opened his eyes, to see Alec on the floor and Bethany crying hard in the seat.

Tom was standing there, gun in hand and his eyes watering. The guards dropped beside Derek, looking up at Tom.

"Untie my daughter, or you're all next."

One of them rushed to Bethany, untying her hands and her feet from the chair. She immediately rushed into Derek's arms, crying so hard she could barely talk.

"Sh... It's okay. You're safe.. You're safe."

Her arm was bleeding, along with her shoulder blade. Derek rushed her outside of the warehouse where the police pulled up, and Charlie stepped out of one of the cars.

"Oh Bethany.."

She ran into Charlie's arms, still not managing to get a single word out.

"It's okay, you're safe now."

It was nearly 3 in the morning by the time Bethany woke back up in the hospital room. Derek was at her side, along with her mother and Becca.

"Derek-"

His head shot up, and he instantly was closer to her.

"Hi baby."
"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

He rubbed her hand, shaking his head.

"No, I'm fine. What can I get you?"
"Where's- where's my dad?"
"He's being checked out right now, but he should be here soon."

Her eyes filled with tears again, and he pulled her into his arms.

"It's okay baby, you're safe. He can't hurt you anymore."
"Bec?"

Becca grabbed her other hand, and smiled through her tears.

"It's okay Beth, everything's okay."
----
I feel like I'm writing a criminal minds episode. Lol. But this is still not the end. Lots of secrets still need to be uncovered :) Also, the gif above was to get the idea of how the hug between Derek and Bethany.

 Hope you all enjoyed! Feedback is appreciated :)