You Have to Get Me Out of Here ; Chapter 21.

"Dad?"

He stepped closer to her, only to touch her cheek with his hand. She flinched, and closed her eyes. She reopened them, and her father was still standing there.

"I'm so sorry you had to find out like this sweetheart."
"How-"
"There's no time for talking, he's gonna be back soon."
"Who's gonna be back soon?"

Bethany could hear a door open loudly, and a lot of muffled talking. Her father ripped his hand away from her, and moved back to the door, standing in front of it like a guard.

"Tom?!"

Alec. Bethany felt her blood boil, and she struggled to get out of the binding.

"Where is that little bitch?"

Alec shoved past Tom, only to smirk at the sight in front of him.

"Well well. Look who we have here."
"Why are you doing this? What do you want from me?!" She screamed.
"A lot of reasons. And I want a lot of things. Only time will tell you."
"Alec, I swear to god-"
"You what? Last time I checked, you can't do much. You already fired me."
"I had every right to, I was your boss. In the contract that you signed, I had and have any right to investigate any suspicious behavior. Which you were displaying-"

Bethany was cut off by a hard smack to her face, causing her to cry out in pain.

"You have no idea who I am or what part of your life I have been controlling since before you took office. Now look at you, at my demands to get you here."

He turned on his heel and headed out the door.

"Tom keep your little bitch here. Don't do anything stupid or your life will really end."

Derek's eyes wandered his house, looking around his room, his bathroom, his living room, anything and anywhere. He could only leave to go to work. He couldn't go to Whiel, and Whiel couldn't go to him. This was driving him insane. His phone ringing broke his thoughts, and his eyes automatically caught Bethany's name.

"Bethany?! Oh my god-"
"Nope, try again." He heard a snicker on the other end, and his hand balled into a fist.
"Alec, I swear to god I'm gonna kill you the minute-"
"Don't even start with the threats, Hough. Or your girl here will really be in trouble."
"What do you want Alec?"
"Simple, really."

Derek took a deep breath and only pictured Bethany, tied up and hurting. This only made him more angry.

"What the hell do you want? Money?"
"Money would be too easy." Derek could basically feel Alec's smirk through the phone. "There's a warehouse on Higgly, abandoned for years. Be here at 8 o'clock sharp. Come alone, or your pretty little Bethany is going to have some marks on her."
"I swear to god if you touch her-"

The line went dead. Derek stood up and immediately threw his phone across the room and into the wall. He was going to hurt Bethany.

Bethany's eyes continued to water as her father stood in front of her. This didn't make any sense. First she's kidnapped by Alec, and then she finds out her fathers been alive.

"Bethany..." He said, causing her to jump out of her thoughts.
"How are you-"
"My death was staged."
"But mom-"
"She was in on it, but you have to understand. We were trying to keep you and your sister safe."
"So you lied to us? The both of you? How does that make sense in your minds?"

He shook his head, looking for words.

"It doesn't, and I know that. I can't find words to express how sorry I am."
"You work for Alec?"
"You think this was my choice? He found out, took me, and has threatened you and your sisters lives if I were to tell the police."

Bethany let her head drop, her face bruising from the hit from Alec.

"You have to get me out of here daddy..." Her voice broke, and tears began to fall.
"Oh I wish I could baby."

Suddenly, the door busted open, and Alec came in, with a smirk of course.

"Well, well. Seems your boyfriend is going to be making an appearance later tonight."
"Don't you fucking touch him." She said through her teeth.
"Not my intentions. You, on the other hand, are."

Bethany's stomach tightened, and she felt her breath get stuck in her throat. Alec removed his hand from his pocket, and revealed a pocket knife. He walked closer to her, dragging the blade along her shoulders just enough so she could feel it.

"I want you to suffer, just like I did. And you're going to."

He dug the knife deeper, creating a gash on her arm. She screamed out, only for Alec to put his hand over her mouth.

"Now now, save that for later. Because Derek will love to see you like this."

He closed the blade and made his way out of the room, closing the door behind him. Tom rushed back up to Bethany, tearing off the sleeve to his shirt and tying it around her arm.

"It's gonna be okay, sh..."

Bethany's vision was blurred, the tears pooling in her eyes. This was too much, she wasn't strong enough for this. She was going to die.

Derek paced back and forth in his room, looking around before picking up his landline and dialing Charlie's number.

"Derek."
"It's Alec. Alec has her."
"How do you know?"
"He called me from her phone. He said he wants me to meet him at the abandoned warehouse on Higgly. Do you know the area?"
"I do, yes."
"He told me to come alone. But Bethany's in there, and he's gonna hurt her. I can't take him down by myself."
"What are you saying, Derek?"
"I'm saying-"

He took a deep breath. His hands have never been this shaky before.

"I'm saying that I need your help."
"Derek, I'm a COO of a company. How do you think that I can help?"
"Charlie, please. That's my girl in there..."
"I'll see what I can do. What time?"
"8 on the dot."
"Okay."

Derek hung up the phone. What the hell was he going to do..?
-----
I told you the last half of this was going to get crazy... Lol. But I hope you guys are at least enjoying it! Feedback is always appreciated ☺️