I'm Glad I'm Back Too ; Chapter 24.

"Marry me."

Bethany's jaw dropped, and she let go of the files.

"I'm sorry, what?"
"Marry me."
"Derek, I-"
"No, listen. I almost watched you die the other night, and the pain I felt when you were missing- god I never want to go through that again. I want to spend the rest of my life making sure you're okay. And I want you to be mine. Marry me."

She took a step away from the files, and stepped closer to him.

"Okay."

It was only a split second before his lips were on hers, the passion spewing out between them.

"I love you so much."
"I love you.." She looked at him before giggling. "That was the most unromantic proposal ever but I'll take it."

He grabbed her hands and kissed them softly.

"I want you to be mine for the rest of my life."
"Well you've got me, Mr. Hough."

Bethany watched contently as her mother and father walked around the kitchen, laughing and talking just like old times.

"Beth, honey." Tom said, smiling down on his daughter. "Where is Derek?"
"He should be here shortly, he said he had some things at the office to take care of."
"Okay, wonderful."

Becca came running down the stairs, her eyes wide like she had just seen a ghost.

"Dad!"

Bethany was quick to stand up, no matter how much pain it caused her.

"Bec, what's wrong?"
"Sweetheart, what's going on?" Tom asked.
"The news, God turn on the news."

The family rushed into the living room, and Tom was the first to turn the tv on.

"In the wake of Bethany Mota's rescue and Thomas Mota's return, it seems that Thomas' old flame, Linda Haight has stepped out. Earlier today, she accused Mota of murder in the first degree. Her son, Alec Haight, was the one that kidnapped Bethany and her father. More later at 10 o'clock."

Bethany's jaw dropped, and she turned to her father who was standing speechless.

"He was going to kill Bethany. I couldn't let that happen."
"Tom, don't."
"I didn't murder anyone. He was gonna hurt my little girl."
"Daddy-"

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, and Derek rushed in with Charlie at his side. The flashes were bright, and there was endless shouting. Derek shut and locked the door, before turning to the family.

"Those people are nuts."

Bethany smiled and wrapped her arms around him, only to receive a kiss on the head.

"Have you guys seen the news?" Derek said, causing an awkward silence.
"Yeah, we have."

Bethany turned to Tom and grabbed his arm.

"You didn't murder him. It was only self defense. You saved me. Don't let this woman make you think otherwise."
"I know baby."

Charlie turned into the kitchen and smiled at the family. Tom smiled back and stepped forward, hugging him.

"So good to see you Charlie."
"You too, Tom."

Bethany only smiled at Derek as the two proceeded upstairs to his bedroom.

"How's Eva doing?"
"She's good. I let her take a break to go visit her family."
"Good."

She sat down on the bed, sighing loudly.

"What's on your mind baby?"
"Why would she accuse my dad of murdering Alec?"

He sighed along with her, discarding of his white button down.

"I don't know, Beth. When we go to the office tomorrow, we can do a background check."
"No, no more background checks. I almost died because of our-"
"We will find out what's going on Bethany, safely."

He pressed a kiss to her forehead before turning around to change.

"But Derek-"
"Bethany, no more about this. I will never let what happened to you happen again. And you know that."

She just nodded before running her hands through her hair.

"I'm sorry."
"Don't be sorry. Now get some sleep, we have a long day tomorrow."
"Derek?"

He turned around in frustration, only to smile a bit at her smile.

"I have no clothes to wear."
"Right."

He walked over to his closet and opened it to reveal a couple of new outfits for her.

"Derek!"

She jumped up, smiling at the dresses in the closet.

"When did you-"
"My personal stylist picked these out for you. Based on my favorites, of course."
"Thank you."

He smiled as she leaned up, pressing her lips to his.

"Now, get some sleep."
"Where are you going?"
"To shower."

The pair walked into the office, Bethany carrying her briefcase. Derek's hand stayed still on her back as they walked towards Charlie's office. Knocking softly, they walked in and Charlie stood up with James.

"Bethany, welcome back." James said, embracing her in a hug.
"Thank you. Charlie, meetings today?"
"You have a couple. Todd has more info including times and what not. He has also been on top of everything you've missed."
She nodded. "And as for the news?"
"All employees, minus yourself and I, have been told to keep the incident on the down low. Any talk of it, immediate termination."
"Thank you Charlie."
"You're welcome, Bethany. I'm glad your back."
"I'm glad I'm back too."

James followed Bethany and Derek to her office, closing the door behind them.

"Bethany, I thought I would inform you of the recent revenue between Morgan and Whiel."
"Okay."

James went on talking as Bethany flipped through her files, nodding in agreement with him.

"Sounds good."
"James, we'll see you at tomorrow's meeting okay?"

James took that as his exit and left the room shortly.

"Are you sure you're ready to be back?"
"Derek, I'm fine. More eager to get back to work than anything."
"Babe-"
"No. Stop."

He just nodded and turned his head as Todd walked in.

"Bethany, good to have you back."
"It's good to be back Todd. What do you have for me?"
"Meeting with the board at 12, and then a meeting with the renovation team at 4. In between, I have files upon files that need to be signed, and there's a recent email from myself to you regarding financial disputes that recently went down."
"Okay, sounds good."
-----
Rolling into the last five chapters! Just wanted to take a minute to say thank you to you guys for honestly giving me so much support and love with this story! I hope you all are enjoying reading it as I am writing it!

Feedback is always appreciated!!!