Tension ; Chapter 6.

His breath mixed with mine, his lips still inches away. I knew we had to move, because someone could walk in at any moment. But I couldn't. My brain still hadn't processed what happened. Even though it was quite obvious. My entire body was tangled around his. His suit wrinkled, my dress pushed up. I don't even want to know what my current hair situation looked like. His eyes never left mine, the licking of his lips was evident. Slowly, he took a step back. My left foot reached the ground again, and my dress flowed back down to my knees. He buttoned his suit back up and fixed his hair. I readjusted my hair, hoping it wasn't too bad. Looking back up, I couldn't hold back a giggle. His bottom lip was covered with red lipstick. Taking a step forward, I used my thumb to wipe it off.

"I look forward to our next meeting, Ms. Mota." He said, his voice still breathy.
"As do I, Mr. Hough."

He kissed my hand, and turned on his heel, making his way out of the office. Alec stood there with a confused look on his face as I struggled to regain my thoughts.

"Uh, Bethany? You have a 4:00 meeting in communications."
"Right. I'm on it. Can you please type up what we talked about at the meeting with Morgan?"
"Should I include the last 15 minutes or no?"

I stopped and looked up at him, my cheeks instantly reddening.

"Not to worry, no one will know. My lips are sealed, ma'am."

I grabbed my tablet and headed past him.

"Good."
~~~~
"What do you mean mom is gone?"

Becca's eyes scanned mine.

"I don't know. When I came home from class today, her car wasn't there. And she hasn't left in almost 6 months Beth. I asked Louise where she had gone but apparently she left before she had gotten there."
"Fuck, why would she just up and leave? Is any of her stuff missing?"
"Not that I could tell. But I mean, it's a big closet."
"Just give me 20 minutes. I have to give these files to Alec and let Charlie know I'm leaving early. I'll meet you down in the lobby okay?"
"Okay."

Becca walked out of my office, and I watched her until the elevator doors closed.

"Fuck!"

Alec turned his chair outside of my office and looked in.

"What's wrong?"
"Just personal stuff. Can you please take care of the remaining files on my desk and lock up my office once you are done? I have to take off early."
"Yes of course."
"Thank you. Oh, and call valet. Have them get my car ready please."
"I'm on it."

I grabbed my bag and my phone before heading down the hall to Charlie's office. Poking my head inside, he lifted his up.

"I'm taking off early. Alec has my keys."
"Alright. Everything okay?"
"I don't know."

I turned around and headed for the elevator. As soon as I reached the lobby, I found Becca sitting down.

"Ready?"
"Yes."

We headed outside where valet was standing with my keys.

"Have a good day, Ms. Mota."
"Thank you."

Becca and I hopped in, and I started the car.

"How did you get here?"
"Bus."

The drive home was fast, and silent. Mom was the only parent Becca had left, and I know she was scared. When we pulled into the driveway, Becca was the first to jump out at the sight of moms car. She sprinted into the house, with me behind her as fast as I could in heels.

"Mom?!"
"Becca?"

I turned the corner and saw Becca already in my mothers arms.

"You left. And you haven't left for months. I thought you left for good."
"No my sweet girl. I needed to get out. I was suffocating myself by staying in here all this time."
"Why didn't you tell me, or Beth? We could have gone with you."
"Oh you two are so busy. I didn't want to trouble you."

I sighed and stepped forward, wrapping my arms around the both of them.

"How are you my little Beth?"
"I'm good."
"How's the company?"
"Running better than ever."
"Oh your father would be so proud."

She smiled before hugging the both of us again.

"Bec."

Her eyes shifted from my mom to mine.

"It's already six thirty. I should get going. I have some work to do."
"Beth-"
"No, I'll come for dinner tomorrow. Remind me okay?"
"Of course. See you then."
"Love you guys."
"Love you sweetheart." My mom hugged me again, and kissed my cheek before I started to walk away.

The car ride home was quiet, just like the ride here. My condo was dark as it always was, and it was cold too. Setting my bag down, I threw myself down on the couch, and my eyes closed. It had been a good week since I had gotten a full nights sleep.

My eyes jolted open. The doorbell was ringing. I lifted my phone up, and checked that it was only 8:30. Sighing, I stood up, removing my heels. My now aching feet slid across the carpet, and my hand turned the door handle. Before I knew it, lips were attached to mine, kissing me feverishly. I didn't even have to open my eyes to know who it was. The all too familiar groan told me all I needed to know. Grabbing my hands, he pulled them back, kissing me harder than before.

"I.. Can't.. Stop... Thinking.. About... You..." He admitted, pressing our lips back together. I could feel my lips swelling from the rough kissing and lip biting he was doing. My hands entangled in his hair, ruining the gelled back style he had. I moaned, feeling his hands fall onto my butt. They bunched up the end of my dress, pushing it further and further up. He pushed his hips into mine, his erection clearly there. "You... Did... That..." He breathed out, pulling his lips away from mine to stare at me. I pulled my hands from his hair only to unbutton his suit. A smirk appeared and he pulled our lips back together.
~~~~
WARNING: This is going to get sexy quick. Lol. I hope everybody enjoyed!! Feedback is greatly appreciated 😀😀