19: Come with us

"Yes, let's be friends,"  I answered him. I let out a deep breath of air and placed the tip of my fingers on the soil; letting my power overflow. Light accompanied the twirling vines that abruptly grew from beneath Peaches. The thorny vines wrapped tightly around the man making him grunt and snarl in pain. "Your voice is really nice to hear. Please scream for me more...in a way in which it doesn't make me think that you're really in pain."

"I am..in pain!" He wheezed. His eyes were getting droopy and his facial expression  told me that he wouldn't  stand for long. Peaches fell to the ground while he heaved. The red barrier around us started to crack like glass until it fully collapsed and fell in glassy shards. His weapon faded with no such trace of existence. Fenris, Sevor and Slade finally got inside and were prepared to completely slaughter the vulnerable man.

"I'm going to break his mbolo into two!" Slade roared.

"Please control your ling addiction for once you mbolo-brained person," I deadpanned. I found Fenris ready to maul Peaches and stood up facing him. "Fenris, sit and behave," I ordered him in the most grave voice I can give him. Fenris tried to reason out with his whining wolf voice which again, came out as barks and short howls. When he realized that I would not be tricked by his adorable whining, he huffed and sat on his furry bum angrily. "And Sevor, please tell Wye Fye to be strong wherever she may be. Whether it be under the soil, between the stones she is now in or even underwater, tell her to be strong."

And also, tell her that I was not done stabbing her with my carrot.

Sevor sighed. "You're really not going to let her rest huh?"

"Lucian what do you mean by mbolo-brained person?!" Slade protested.

I ignored the three of them and began to pull Peaches' legs. I could see blood dripping out from the vines and decided to release him from it. I was sure that from the mixture of paralysis and sedative toxins that the vines had, Peaches will be out for awhile.

"Where are you taking him?" Sevor questioned with a high degree of doubt, anger and confusion in his tone.

"I am taking him to his cabin."

"Oh no you don't!" Slade yelled and slapped my hands from Peaches' legs. "Did you forget what he has done? And he is still looking for Buck. The reaper is dangerous Lucian. People call him a psychopath. He killed a whole tribe to sacrifice it to someone who doesn't even exist!"

"And you hurt people with no apparent reason. What makes you different?" I questioned him which silenced him. Did he forget it already? A week had not even pass yet and the things that he had done to me were still vivid. I heard cracking and snapping of bones from behind me which told me that Fenris transformed into Caleb.

"If what I understand is true then you two better stay away from my mate," Caleb warned. I felt his presence behind me and the thick tension that connected them all.

"I will  take care of Peaches, continue to search for Buck," I told them. When I was about to lift Peaches  again, Sevor stood beside me and then pulled the man on his feet. Slade muttered "unbelievable" and then helped his twin in carrying Peaches. I watched them go and my lips twitched into a small smile. I can hear Slade grumble in annoyance even if he was already doing what he didn't want.

"Why?" Caleb asked making me look at him. He was staring at the three men walking and then looked at me. "Why are you so forgiving?"

I cocked my head to the side in question. "Is that wrong?"

Caleb frowned. "It is, especially if the person you're forgiving isn't even feeling sorry yet."

I looked down on my feet. "It is not that I am forgiving...I just do not feel anything," I stated. "When you feel nothing, you are immune to pain thus you cannot hate. But when you  are immune to pain...that means that you also cannot love. You cannot feel sadness or happiness. You are just an empty shell."