0

I am a monster.

Though our world is filled with them, so I guess I'm not that different.

But everyone around me treats me as if that's the case.

From the moment I was born, I was made to be a weapon.

Strong, powerful, an object to be used.

That is my purpose.

I had spent my whole life training for that very moment.
It all started on that night.

As soon as my father was notified of the attack....

Everything changed.
"Have they started attacking? Good...yes she is ready. I am sure."

That's the only memory that I recall vaguely, my father's deep, stern voice on the phone, just moments before my debut.

"Y/n." Father called.

I entered at once, "Yes, father?" I asked in a low tone.

"Let us go. It is time." He replies

"Yes, father." I answered emotionless.

The rest of that night was a blur, the memories still haunting my nightmares..

"Go now, Y/n. Destroy them. Show no mercy." I could hear my father's voice still in the back of my mind.

The slaughter...the bodies...the bloodshed....

...that I caused.

That night hundreds of hunters showed up on our doorstep to kill everyone that shared the l/n (last name) bloodline. The l/n are a line of some of the most ruthless and cold blooded criminals and murderers. However, that day, when I was only 6 years old, my basic training had been completed and I was to finally release my power and blood lust that ran through my veins.

Every last hunter even the ones that begged for their lives were wiped out mercilessly by my own hands.

At the time of course I didn't know if it was simply a test or not, so i chose to not hold back. At my father's command I lavished through them, killing every hunter in sight.

By the touch of dawn, everything had become still and silent, as if a brilliant show had just ended, there was no one left but myself and my audience. Not everyone in my family could make it however, there was my mother who beamed with joy, my father who only nodded with approval, and my older brother who merely shrugged and walked away.

I thought that for the first time I felt a gleam of happiness, a small smile creeped onto my lips. I was wrong to feel this way. Someone like myself has no need for such emotions. That's what makes you weak and being weak means that you are no longer useful, my family made sure I knew that.

And so, every day I trained and trained to become stronger, smarter, and ultimately a better killer.

I don't know if I was ever truly happy or sad with my life, I was never allowed to feel such things, but what I could feel was unmistakable and quite unbearable. I was empty, an endless pit of nothing.

I thought my future was unchangeable, but oh how wrong I would be.

•Author note•
Hello all! I haven't posted in a while but since I started watching hunter x Hunter I was inspired! I hope you all enjoy:)