1

Six years later....
(You are now 12 years old)

As I walked onto the large boat, my h/l (hair length) h/c (hair color) hair freely flowed in the breeze. I carried with me only my katana that was held in a deep red case that was slung across my back.

As I walked around, everyone stared at me with invasive eyes.

"Perverts." I said to myself as I glared at them.

Once they caught my icy glare they immediately looked away.

'Not long now,' I thought to myself, 'not long until we reach Whale Island.

You see it was clear to me that I don't want to become a criminal, at least, I wanted nothing to do with my family and their doings. So I ran away to become a hunter, the very thing they despise. I learned from someone that not all hunters can be good, some can be greedy, mischievous, hell, some even become hunters just to be free to kill with less of a penalty, but there are some who are honorable and live to do good and make the world a better place. They become hunters to help people. And this, it mesmerized me, I found it intriguing, yet impossible.

That was until I found out about the Hunter Exam, in fact I was on my way to the Hunter Exam. I ran away only a few weeks ago without a trace. I had hoped that maybe, just maybe my fate wasn't decided. Maybe I could free myself and one day I will be strong enough to defeat them.

...

Some time had passed, I had decided to find a quieter spot where I closed my eyes for a bit, never once letting my guard down.

We had arrived at Whale Island several hours ago and picked up a few people also interested in the Hunter Exam. One of which was a boy around my age. He seemed to spot me right away but as he was about to make his way over I shut my eyes and pretended to fall asleep.

The next time I had opened my eyes was to the faint smell of a storm. Just by the scent I could tell it was close.

Just then, I saw the kid from earlier jumping onto the mast of the ship and climbing up to the crows nest. I walked over to see the captain standing below him.

The boy called down, "There's a really big one heading right for us! I can tell by the smell!"

"I thought so," I said aloud.

The captain looked at us both with a bit of surprise and thought, 'these kids...'

It wasn't long before we were right smack in the middle of the storm. Almost everyone on the ship was huddled over from seasickness and from being tossed around. I only looked at them and chuckled, 'how weak,' I thought to myself feeling just fine.

I looked over and saw that the kid from earlier was helping the others who were feeling sick. Just then the captain walked in and observed all of us though, I didn't pay any mind to what he was saying until he looked over at me and noticed that I was standing off to the side completely calm.

The captain called us all over and said to follow him into the other room.

The captain started, "Alright, tell me your names."

"My names Gon!" The cheery kid beamed.

"I am called Kurapika," the blonde haired boy stated. He looked to be just a bit older than Gon and I, perhaps about 14 or 15.

Then the older guy said, "my name is Leorio."

"I am f/n" I said in a monotonous voice.