Chapter 11

-GUGULEZWE

My mood switched up the minute Sebe answered the call from Sabelo. The guy doesn't give up. He clearly doesn't know me. I don't give up easily or maybe I should. Mbali is cute and likeable, I hate to want to use her but I just might.

They dish up while Sakhile and Bulo flirt away over the dishes.

"So what did Sabelo want?"

Bulo asks, I roll my eyes and Sebe catches me

"Wishing me a merry Christmas babe"

Sebe responds unbothered as if I don't exist to her, I won't lie it gets to me that she acts this way towards me.

"I didn't know Sabelo was capable of liking someone like this"

Sakhile says with a chuckle

"Yah, he's sweet now. Used to be a jerk towards Sebe back in school"

Bulo explains and Sebe rolls her eyes as if Bulo shouldn't have mentioned it

"He's always had a thing for Sebe. Everyone in the hood knows or has known for a long time now that Sebe is his"

Sakhile exclaims, I see Sebe's expression change instantly

"What do you mean?"

Sebe asks sounding more concerned

"I've said enough. Can we take the food to the elders?"

Sakhile asks grabbing two plates while Bulo takes the other two.

We left together and silence is so loud and the tension is so thick. She looks really sexy dressed carelessly and so care free.

"So, did you go to church?"

I ask, hoping she'll say she did. At this point I'm just dying for a compliment from her to convince me otherwise about Mbali.

"Yah I did"

She says coldly

"I didn't see you"

I say suddenly feeling a little self conscious. Sebe is just stone cold towards me. Bulo and Sakhile walk back in and Bulo takes one last plate to the lounge

"Sebe Bulo's mom asked that you pack a lunch box for my father"

Sakhile reports and Sebe nods

"You were saying?"

Sebe asks as Bulo walks in

"About?"

Sakhile asks confused pulling a plate towards himself

"Let's sit outside, its more chilled out there than in here"

Bulo suggests, we take our plates and chairs and sit outside. The food tastes good, its better than trying to talk to Sebe who is not interested in me.

"About Sabelo, Sakhile"

She says irritable

"Look, this is something you should be talking to Sabelo about"

Sakhile warns

"Can we talk about something else, like Gugu's amazing voice!"

Bulo suggests annoyed, we chuckle. She's a fun spirit, I like her. She and my cousin will get along very well.

"Thank you I guess"

I say feeling a tad bit exposed

"Didn't know you could sing. You had Sebe crying and almost hating me for almost making us late"