Chapter 38

-MBALI

The Operation was a success and now we just waiting on Gugu to wake up. Everyone is, his mom came through and donated the kidney so now we wait for him to wake up. Sadly I can't say the same about his mom. She's awake and has asked her husband to come and call me so we can talk. I'm dead scared of her an don't know what to expect. I walk in alone. Its the next day. I should be in school but I can't leave him without knowing how he's doing.

"Mah hey, how are you?"

She smiles, it seems genuine.

"Better than you you I'm sure"

She says

"You need to rest Flower child"

She says with so much love in her voice. Why does she have to be so nice to me? I smile politely

"I can't. I need to know he's Ok"

She smiles

"I hope my son knows how lucky he is to have you"

She says placing a hand over mine and I smile

"I'm the lucky one to have something to carry from him out of whatever it is going on between us"

I say touching my tummy. It sucks that he's not mine to keep but I get to have a constant reminder of him growing inside of me.

"I'm certain Gugu tells you almost everything?"

I nod

"He tells me everything, the dreams, you and the way things should be. I tried to fight our relationship Mah and let him be with Sebe but your son is stubborn"

She giggles and so do I

"He doesn't listen. Stubborn is an understatement."

We both laugh

"But Flower he loves you. A little more than he should"

I don't respond because I don't know

"The day he got stabbed I asked him to choose, your life or your relationship"

I look at her not ready for her response or rather Gugu's

"He chose your life. If it meant you being safe and well then he would risk it all just so nothing happens to you. Flower I dream"

I nod. How do you even respond to such anyway?

"My dreams are sometimes warnings and sometimes I'm meant to deliver a message to my son, guide him to the right path."

I just nod

"You're an amazing girl to him and I wouldn't have chosen anyone better than you for him"

"But?"

I ask

"The dream that led me to ask him to choose was a dream of you miscarrying"

I look at her

"It was a dream of you being punished for him not listening. You and Sabelo were never part of the plan. Gugu and Sebe were or rather are destined for each other and the sad part is that forces of nature are willing to destroy whatever comes their way, innocent or not"

I wipe a tear that managed to escape. Now that we have a baby on the way things must end between us?

"I know it's painful. I tried to bargain for both of you and him landing here was the result of it. He chose you so for him choosing you this was his payment"

She adds and I crumble under her scrutiny and cry. Its all my fault, if only I'd stayed away

"Flower its not your fault"