Chapter 43

-GUGULEZWE

I grew up in a loving home with both my parents. Black parents aren't that affectionate but mine could be every now and then. The love shared between them is something I've witnessed and wanted for myself.

Mbali falling pregnant was never part of the plan but what plan was there anyway? I mean I've never been in charge of my life so whoever is knows what they want. If it were up to me Mbali and I would raise this child together in a loving home but she broke it off with me out of fear. Where to from here?

Fuck Mbali makes me weak, she makes me look weak. Making me cry and shiit! I sit there thinking about my life, will Sebe even want to be with me? What am I supposed to do?

"Hey baby"

Mom says driving in in a wheelchair

"How are you mom?"

I ask because I'm worried. I literally feel nothing where my operation is and she looks like she's in pain.

"I'll get there eventually"

She says

"How are you?"

I shrug at her question. I'm drained emotionally

"You knew"

She looks at me confused

"You knew that she'd break up with me and that she's carrying my child"

She looks at me with eyes full of pity

"It was not my place to tell you anything"

I chuckle

"Funny cause it was not your place to go off at Sebe but you still did anyway!"

She takes my hand but I pull it away

"A baby is involved. Nothing is written in stone mother, your God or whatever would deny a child of a loving home with loving parents?"

She shrugs. I'm so mad I'm even yelling

"Honey calm down"

She says calmly

"No! I need answers! I need to understand! Destiny needs to change!"

I say and she doesn't respond to me. I sigh

"Well whoever is in charge got what they wanted, Mbali broke up with me"

She doesn't say anything and let me be. I don't know when I fell asleep but I'm woken up by my phone ringing, Mbali left it before she left. I check the screen, its Flower.

"Hey"

She says and she sounds like she wants to continue but stopped herself

"Hey Flower"

I say

"Gugu you need to talk to Sebe"

I chuckle, its sarcastic

"I'd rather talk to you"

She sighs loud enough

"You pregnant"

I let out in a very low voice almost a whisper

"5/6 weeks"

I just nod

"Where to from here?"

I ask

"We do whatever we can not to be together and take care of this baby"

I sigh

"I want to be there for my child"

I say sternly this time, voice firm